Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #721 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yay! Matt that's great!
Sorry I am at a Tim Hortons so I have Internet but we are camping so I won't be on much. Going home on Sunday.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #722 
Mar

Pretty girls! Can't wait to see them in their tank!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #723 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thanks guys. I can't wait either!

Nice to see you, Shae.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #724 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Did all the water changes today and decided that instead of doing a 100% water change on the jars every other day I will do a 50% change every day. Then I don't have to acclimate them back in.

I'm going away for ten days on Sunday and I think I have someone who can care for the fish. I have lots of plans for when I get home, I'm going to put a filter on my two HMPK boys five gallon and begin cycling it, I'm going to buy a couple rabbit snails (maybe a bit later) and hopefully start breeding them, I have decided on getting a nerite for my DT's chi to control the algae, and I have to order a couple of things for the spawns I am planning for later on in August. I'm also going to meet up with Shae (BB123) and trade worm cultures... Lol.

My aquabid girls are doing really well and seem to be doing just fine in my hard water. They all eat like pigs.

I found these little... Things... (Some sort of tiny, jumpy invert) In my green water cultures, so I added 1/4 of a milliliter of paraguard to hopefully kill them off.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #725 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eww. I hope you get rid of them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #726 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Had my fish sitter come over and gave her instructions. Ugh. It's such a relief to have someone taking care of your fish when you are away. So now all my fish will get food and the jars will get water changes every second day. I'm still nervous, but much less.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #727 
logisticsguy

Its nice to get away sometimes but Im like you Matt always a lil bit worried. Great you have a fish sitter. Your new girls look marvelous. Where are you going?
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #728 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Hawaii. I'm so excited. Well, we've been looking foreward to this for well over a year now lol.

Ironically fish make vacations/trips, which are supposed to help you get away from stress, more stressful.

Oh and in August we're going to Banff because my dad has meetings and it's always really nice. That reminds me, CJ, do you have any extra plants?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #729 
logisticsguy

Hawaii omg that is the best. We were there in 1997 so awesome I never wanted to come home. We are lucky to be close to Banff and go hiking often in area, its one of the most beautiful places on earth in my biased opinion.

I have a lot of extra duckweeds and some of the un killable hornwort. My plants havnt been doing great I think I may be way under fertilizing them. Im nuts about growing Venus Flytraps now. Too bad they are non aquatic lol but I keep them around my aquariums cuz they love the humidity.

You have a great vacation young man and check in here once in awhile during the trip.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #730 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I will, don't worry. I plan to be on at least twice a day. Quite a few people we know have been and they said the exact thing... That it's a hard place to leave. What island did you go to?

I completely agree with you... Banff is definatly one of the most beautiful places in the world, I'm lucky I "have" to go almost every year... Lol. I was just in Canmore which is a lot less exciting but still an awesome little town. I bike, run, and hike a lot during the summer and the hikes in and around Banff are always super enjoyable.

Extra duckweed, you say? I might need to see if we can stop by and grab some for the spawn tanks. Speaking of spawning... It's only a month away and I am already super excited (the other thing about trips is that you wouldn't dare spawn when you know your going away for a week). I'm still waiting for that pm from you (Remember? Lol) so I can actually get the fish to GROW this time.