Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #771 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That must be so exciting for you! Awesome.

I have heard from both my fish sitter (who is awesome and I am so thankful for) and my gramma that my yellow/blue pineapple ee girl isn't normal... Apparently she is a bit inactive and has a growth on her head... Ugh. I'm like 3000 miles away (ok, maybe a bit less) and I have no way of diagnosing let alone treating her... Dang. It's going to cost me 90$ to "replace" her and I was set on breeding her... I'm praying she'll be fine until Tuesday.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #772 
Fenghuang

I'm so sorry, Matt. /: I hope it turns out to be nothing serious and she will be okay.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #773 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thanks :/. It's just frustrating 'cause there's nothing I can do... It's out of my control.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #774 
Fenghuang

Focus on what you can do. You are on a beautiful island. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and stay positive. Maybe she'll turn around or even it'll end up being nothing. You don't know anything at this point and you have to wait until you get home anyway, so don't worry yourself sick and let this ruin your trip with your family.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #775 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol believe me, nothing can stop me from enjoying this. Including a bit of rain.

Saw two more turtles snorkeling today, along with a ton of neat fish.

So we're going to be hit by tropical storm Flossie sometime tonight... It shouldn't be too bad, just lots of rain and wind (where I'm staying usually gets rain 3-4 times a year... Lol). We're under a tropical storm warning and the county is on emergency prepardness or something. I'm not worried though, and, well, I've never experienced a tropical storm before. It'll be exciting. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tommorow but I may not be able too. Like I said before, I'm not worried at all. It shouldn't be anything too major, and we'll stay safe.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #776 
logisticsguy

Wow that is exciting Matt. What a terrific holiday! Just back from my mountain trek where we came face to face with a grizzly bear with cubs. Stayed calm but was soo scared. We climbed a mountain and Im so beat thank goodness my daughter is so fit and helped me out, I can hardly move tonight so sore. Cheering for your sick girl!
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #777 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Ugh. Left Maui yesterday (Or today depending on where you are...Stupid time zones). I'm in Seattle right now so I get to see my fish in less then three hours! I'll miss Hawaii but will be happy to be home.

The tropical storm ended up hitting us pretty hard for a few hours... Nothing serious happened and it was nice the next day.

Oh, and yesterday we were in Walmart... The bettas were... Well... Not too good, and there was one poor little guy that was in an inch of water. I may or may not have filled up his cup with clean water and stress coat. Lol.

And CJ, seeing grizzly bears sounds terrifying but awesome!

Sorry for the ramble. Hopefully it makes sense. I'm really tired.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #778 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm home! Pleased to report that everyone is alive, I'll just have a busy day taking care of tanks and stuff.

The blue grizzle/yellow girl is perfectly healthy... I don't know what my fish sitter and Grandma were talking about lol. There is definitely no pink growth. Crazy people -_- (JK)

However, my old vt girl (oldest fish I have at the time... Will have had her for two years in a couple of months) has what appears to be mouth rot and bloat. Great. Another disease I have never dealt with. It does appear to be minor though, and I am confident I will be able to fix her up.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #779 
Saphira101

Good luck, Matt! I hope that you can fix her up.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #780 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Thanks. At the moment I have her in water with 2 tsp/g of Epsom salts and lots of ial, and I'll be adding kanaplex soon.