Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #11 
candy4365

Got my Betta as a table decoration :( yeah I researched online and know that was bad. Anyway that was in July 2012, bought a 2 gal critter keeper and did fine until about 2 months ago. Then he was just laying on the bottom constantly. Also had a layer of something on top of water so did a good cleaning of tank :( So did more research thought it may be SBD, first thing I tried was the ES, with 50% water changes every other day then bought water conditioner and Bettafix, no better or worse. After more research (results seemed 50/50) but lady at LPS said that is what she did when they come in sick so I tried the pea,. No change. Also tried changing diet to dried Bloodworms, Daphnia, and Mysis (Betta Dial-A-Treat) was previously using TetraBetta floating mini pellets and Tetra Baby shrimp-sun dried gammarus. Still no change and refusing to eat. So before finding DarkMoon17 medication list (great job) I had bought Betta Revive and am in the third day of using that. Planning to change the water tonight, that hasn't helped one iota either. I do believe he had fin rot when I got him, but in my ignorance didn't realize it till he got sick and starting doing reasearch and seeing pics of other bettas. I feel like I am torturing this poor guy, heated water to 80 and ph is 7.5. Don't know what to do, thinking to try Fungus Cure and Stress Coat..... I really pity this poor guy, he is struggling so valiantly to survive.

Last edited by candy4365; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: grammer
candy4365 is offline   Reply With Quote