Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #31 
Artemis

Is that momma in the back? She's very purrty. Lol bad pun
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #32 
isochronism

Norman is awfully cute!!!! I am more of a dog type, tho the two cats given to me I certainly enjoyed and loved throughout their years... even tho they were cats. :) My last (young) cat came to the family with my old dog. (rescue APBT) I then brought in new 10 mo. old rescue pup (APBT) even with great pedigree!! :) Young prime kitty runs out from under sofa to show who's boss and swats in her face and back under. No responce... she goes stage 2 where her claws get caught in pups side face... kitty again retreats back under sofa. She thinks "this dog is different". Dog thinks "this is a fun home" :) No cats were hurt. They loved each other forever!!!
Cat learned to respect. :) Is Normans last name "Bates" HA :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #33 
Elsewhere

NICE pun! Haha! Yes, that's her- the "addicted teen mom" as we call her. She's "addicted" to canned food and only about a year and a half old, haha. The owner feels so bad about her having them, but hey, nothing can be done now! Mama's getting fixed as soon as all the kittens are gone :)

Yes, I too am more of a dog person, but I do LOVE kittens. Not cats- kittens. Once they hit a year old my mum loves them :)

Here are some pics from today, one showing my face which has never been seen on this site (for good reason!) :)

Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #34 
Tigersoul101

OMG!!! He's so squee!!! I wish my foster kittens were that young! It's been a while since I've had foster kittens that young... They're so adorable at that age!
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #35 
Elsewhere

Oh I KNOW! He's just so cute! Today he was mewing like NUTS, so his owner picked him up by the scruff and BAM! He was paralyzed or something, I don't know! I tried it and snapped a pick, but we only held him for maybe a second each, so no worries.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #36 
Tigersoul101

What happened to Nomran was normal. When you pick cats up by the scruff, they freeze. It was by instinct so that when a mother cat would try to move the kits/cubs to a new den in the wild they wouldn't move. The kit shouldn't be harmed if you did it right. I shadowed a week at my foster agency vet office, and they did it with the feisty cats all the time. Although when he gets older, you shouldn't do it often unless you really have to.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #37 
Karebear13

ahh I love kittens they are adorable!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #38 
Elsewhere

Oh good, I'm glad it doesn't hurt him! I've had to do it with my current cat when he HAD to be bathed- he jumped out of the tub and was biting me like nuts. He just stared at me evilly and I dried him and all was well LOL

Going over there soon to see him again :) I always ask the owner if I bother her, but when I'm there I distract the kids so she's cool with it XD I have to babysit for them soon anyways :P
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #39 
Tigersoul101

Yeah, I only do it when trying to brake up fights between my two 'kings of the house'.

Aww! I wish I could babysit kittens. Right now I'm fostering two brothers who are about 10 months old. Although they're considered unadoptable , so we're waiting for spots to open for the shelter where our adoption agency house unadoptables.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #40 
Elsewhere

Oh, I meant the kids, not the kitties! But it's kind of both :P

Here are some pics, they're kinda bad because they had their drapes closed (it's POURING here) and there's only a small lamp in the room.