Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #11 
Fenghuang

Oops, I meant "replaceable" in my last post.

I don't think it's just men. I am like that a lot too heh. I mean, not with fish or cats or anything. But spending money on things for them? Forget it. I'm still not happy about the tanks I bought. And missing a sale always makes me angry, even when I bought the things months before the sale. Actually, it's spending money in general. I can spent literal hours going back and forth deciding if I should buy something or not.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #12 
motherpeters

My husband is that way too! Everytime I express a concern over something with them (not enough plants, need bigger tank, worried about heater, etc) he answers with "It's just a fish," but then I catch him watching River and Rocky, and expressing concern about my snails (River attacked one before I moved it). Such double standards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Men! so silly! My husband fights me every step of the way on the pet front but I catch him admiring our 3 bettas when he thinks no one is looking. He even refers to them by name now and got excited with the name I chose for our newest. I don't understand why he can't just admit that he likes our bettas? Its like they think they will lose some sort of competition if they admit to it or they are proving some sort of point by not admitting. There must be some kind of hidden principle that we wives don't know about. They make everything so complicated!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #13 
Stone

Don't be a hater....lol jk well I will admit I can be a bit moody, I have been stocking my 46 gallon non betta tank for awhile, it's slow going because of lettign the tank adjust for bioload and when doing this you are bound to lose fish, I been getting various species of rainbow fish for the tank a few at a time, in a 2 week period I lost 6 rainbows of 3 different kinds which kind of ticked me off because the tank was testing out fine but whatever, a few days later the fish in my avi died poor dagora and I still have no clue why I was pretty ticked and that night I decided in the morning I was just going to take the divider out and let marbles have the tank
to himself, but that night I watched marbles putting his face up to the divider looking for dagora it was sad actually, so the next day instead of un-dividing the tank I bought edward to put in the tank, I know back and forth but I couldn't stand the fact that marbles was so sad missing his roomate he spent almost the whole night looking for him here is edward
Attached Images

Last edited by Stone; 04-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #14 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Oops, I meant "replaceable" in my last post.

I don't think it's just men. I am like that a lot too heh. I mean, not with fish or cats or anything. But spending money on things for them? Forget it. I'm still not happy about the tanks I bought. And missing a sale always makes me angry, even when I bought the things months before the sale. Actually, it's spending money in general. I can spent literal hours going back and forth deciding if I should buy something or not.
If you didn't include the word "I" there, I would have thought you were describing me :P hehe

I torture myself trying to choose the better option when I have choices, which sometimes is more difficult than others. I also get upset when I buy something and then find it somewhere else cheaper, or see it a while after on sale. Normally I avoid this since I only buy things that are on really good clearance, but sometimes I just "have to" have something that wasn't on sale... then.... "$10 off, today only" and I'm kicking myself then I'm kicking myself for making such a big deal about little things like that
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #15 
isochronism

Jade, maybe in a week or two Hubby will be trying to talk your Daughter into trading Shisu for his new fish. HA!!!
Men need a hard side so they can also have a soft side. Yin Yang.
I am a man, so I can say that. I love them all!!
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #16 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't be a hater....lol jk well I will admit I can be a bit moody, I have been stocking my 46 gallon non betta tank for awhile, it's slow going because of lettign the tank adjust for bioload and when doing this you are bound to lose fish, I been getting various species of rainbow fish for the tank a few at a time, in a 2 week period I lost 6 rainbows of 3 different kinds which kind of ticked me off because the tank was testing out fine but whatever, a few days later the fish in my avi died poor dagora and I still have no clue why I was pretty ticked and that night I decided in the morning I was just going to take the divider out and let marbles have the tank
to himself, but that night I watched marbles putting his face up to the divider looking for dagora it was sad actually, so the next day instead of un-dividing the tank I bought edward to put in the tank, I know back and forth but I couldn't stand the fact that marbles was so sad missing his roomate he spent almost the whole night looking for him here is edward
I can imagine larger community tanks can be very stressful, which is why I won't tackle that idea until I feel I am ready. With this, our tanks went from 2 five gallons, to 4 five gallon tanks. 2 are still on the way, so instead of 4 tanks, it's just twice the changes for the 2 we have until they arrive.

Since I take care of all the tanks, I don't think I'm up for adding a larger tank to that yet... at least not until I have more experience with it.

I'd get depressed if my fish started dying here and there, so being a little irritable for it is completely understandable.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #17 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by isochronism View Post
Jade, maybe in a week or two Hubby will be trying to talk your Daughter into trading Shisu for his new fish. HA!!!
Men need a hard side so they can also have a soft side. Yin Yang.
I am a man, so I can say that. I love them all!!
good point. To add to that, my husband is latino. We only came back to the usa a few years ago. Though he's not as "tough macho man" as the rest of the men in his country (I lived there with him for 4 years) he still sometimes has this "gotta be a tough guy" act to him... and still sometimes says "that's a woman's job!" with some things american men would be like "oh, man, you better run... she's gonna kill you for that" hehehe. But I give him one look and it's suddenly "sorry sorry sorry, please let me live" lol

though I doubt he'll ask to switch, right up until he left for work, he kept going up and staring at the new guy. Ooooh, I got him to flare and he's gorgeous! I just found my camera charger, so I'm giving it a few minutes to charge so I can take a photo with flash. I'll post a couple in a short bit

His tail is spade shaped, which I think adds to his beauty. Though my husband keeps joking "I think you are more in love with him than I am" .... maybe it's not a joke? It's not untrue
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #18 
quietlythundering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
good point. To add to that, my husband is latino. We only came back to the usa a few years ago. Though he's not as "tough macho man" as the rest of the men in his country (I lived there with him for 4 years) he still sometimes has this "gotta be a tough guy" act to him... and still sometimes says "that's a woman's job!" with some things american men would be like "oh, man, you better run... she's gonna kill you for that" hehehe. But I give him one look and it's suddenly "sorry sorry sorry, please let me live" lol

though I doubt he'll ask to switch, right up until he left for work, he kept going up and staring at the new guy. Ooooh, I got him to flare and he's gorgeous! I just found my camera charger, so I'm giving it a few minutes to charge so I can take a photo with flash. I'll post a couple in a short bit

His tail is spade shaped, which I think adds to his beauty. Though my husband keeps joking "I think you are more in love with him than I am" .... maybe it's not a joke? It's not untrue
I absolutely LOVE spadetails!!!!!!!! Lucky duck! He's such a beauty!
I'm Latino too, and the males in my family can get like that sometimes, especially my little brothers But then my female relatives (and I) do exactly what you do, and they get scared back into submission. My boyfriend tries that stuff too, but only jokingly. He knows better
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote