Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #11 
Crowntails

ADA is the highest quality tanks there are. Check out AquaTop tanks though, they are very high quality and tons cheaper. I considered purchasing the 2.11 gallon version.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

I'm pretty sure clarity is the only reason. I have low iron and 'standard' glass tanks side-by-side and there is only a slight discernible difference between the two.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #13 
Nibblez

Thanks for all the help and input. This helped me clarify a lot more. I was just asking about NPTs generally at the shop so i was still pretty blur on the details and i didnt focus much on the tank. asked about the tanks and he uses the Do!Aqua tanks all around his shop, shop me a 25x25x25 and said that will cost about $60. Might have to go back and check the price now that i know the size of tank i can get. Wow, $1000 is a lot of money, if the tank is really going to cost that much, might have to buy the tank first and save up for the substrate and plants and deco. Thinking of getting a 45x27x30 i think is the size.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Yep. That is my favourite size tank for keeping bettas. I have about 5 or 6 of them.

$60 looks almost $20 cheaper than the only online supplier in Australia I know who sells these tanks.

But it is a lot of cash to outlay for a 25x25x25cm tank.

The glass in my 90cm tank is as thick as my finger and bevelled all the way around so I didn't mind paying top dollar for it. This was also before a lot of the cheaper brands of rimless aquariums became available in Australia so the seller had kind of cornered that market.

I would guess you would maybe be looking at $100 maybe more, possibly less for a Do!Aqua tank in the size you want.

Definitely spend the money on the ADA soil though if you are wanting to start a planted tank. A little goes a long way and there is a reason it is still popular among planted tank enthusiasts.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #15 
Nibblez

Around $100 seems very reasonable and i would be fine with that. $1000 might come as a pretty big shock to me. :P I was at the over priced pet store recently and even their rimless tank of roughly the same dimensions was $90, might as well get Do!Aqua tank. The quality on it does look amazingly well crafted and seamless, thinking of going to the aquarium shop soon.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

Well good luck with your plans and definitely keep us posted on here with pictures if you go ahead.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #17 
Nibblez

Alright, so i went to the shop and the 45x27x30 tank costed $110 and the 45x24x30 for $100.

So i pretty much went out and paid what my budget allows, a tank, heater, thermometer and a filter, costed $200 in total so the tank is pretty bare until i can afford the rest. Will have to start saving up for the substrates and plants to go in next and have a go at aquascaping.

On a seperate note, turns out the additives for the substrate and all are also sold by spoon fulls instead by the aquarium so it isnt necessary to buy the whole bottle of additives.

Will post pics up tonight when i get the tank setup for Nibblez to go in, least he wont have to cramp into that tiny .8 gal cube again.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #18 
Nibblez

The tank is just absolutely amazing. Quality is stunning, definitely worth the money. Just sucks that i dont have the money to buy the substrates and plant as well to setup the tank. Tank is now filled, water warmed and Nibblez nice and cozy in his massive crib. Here are some photos, would snap more photos but my phone is acting up again after the last photo i took.

Will have to wait for the aquarium to contact me with news on a lid for my tank. I will probably just update this thread as i make any changes to the tank.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #19 
VJM

They are beautiful tanks, and starting off with something you are likely to love looking at is great.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #20 
Nibblez

Alright, a little update on my first NPT. Went back to the aquarium to get the necessary stuff for my hardscape, still need to find rocks and driftwood. Anyways, here are the pics.

Got a bit to shutter happy with my friend's DSLR :D Hoping to go back to the aquarium tomorrow and get the rocks, drift wood and plants to get the plants growing so i put Tenshi in as soon as the tanks has been settled. YAY!