Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #1 
Tamsin

Talking New to Betta and the forum :)

Hi all
Two days ago I walked into Pet City to browse the mice and could not help but notice the size and conditions of the tanks they keep their Betta fish in. The smallest little jars I'd ever seen in any store and almost all the fish had fin rot and were lethargic, or not alive at all. We came back the following day determined to save a little guy (I also wanted to cuddle a rat I had my eye on...) and set my sights on Tauro. He was one of the only fish not looking half of completely dead, I had to get him away before he was as sick as the others.
I haven't had Betta fish since I was a child and my Mum kept a few, so I didn't have any preparation save a spare filter, a 4g tank and some spare ornaments lying around. So we gave some fish tank gravel a good wash and soon his little red fins are swishing around all this new space.
My boyfriend is out at the pet store now buying him a heater and some better deco than what I've put in there for some temporary amusement. I also scooped some pond weed (in the picture) and put that in for him.
He has a bit of fin rot but the store treated him for us as we bought him, so hopefully it will clear up. He isn't lethargic at all and
Any tips or suggestions for making little Tauro's life better is hugely welcomed, like I said I'm new to this and haven't had much experience. Also I read *after* we settled him in that we should have cycled the tank beforehand.. My mum said to take some of his water out and swap it with water from our Angel fish tank (they have all been treated and disease free) would this work?
Thanks!
Attached Images

Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #2 
justmel

I just adore that last picture! It sounds like you are handling things pretty good. What are you feeding him? This thread puts together a lot of the stickies you would need to answer question you might have http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=99450
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #3 
makoisland

He's a beauty! Looks kind of like my boy :)
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #4 
Tamsin

He's eating TetraMin tropical granules that my bf got him today. He gobbles them straight up. He also has freeze dried blood worms for treats.
And thanks! He was so cute sitting in that little house :)
Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote