Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #21 
JadeAngel

such beautiful guys too! That 2nd one is just gorgeous, and I gasped at the 3rd. What could have happened to his tail? But the 1st is sooooo emaciated O.O

Every time I go into the petco here, there is normally at least 1 dead, a handful with fin or body rott, and lately they have had more and more with swim blatter disease. I keep thinking they are dead as they float on their sides on the top, then when I move the cups, woosh and they swim away then calm down and float back up on their side -.-
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #22 
MoonShadow

I don't think the little delta is going to make it, He's been laying half on his side this whole time (thats how I found him in the store, flat out as gasping) he swam briefly at one point, but now he's flat out on his side again, barely breathing and he looks stiff... Poor little man, I never even got a chance to name him

The little DT, is swimming around a little more, I've named him Echo
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #23 
Auburn Sakura

Those are some beautiful fish. Their fins need some healing, the poor things. D:)

And shame on those people. It's terrible what their doing! DX
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #24 
percyfyshshelley

Oh that poor nameless guy. Heartbreaking.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #25 
KoriC

I've never seen fish in such bad condition at pet stores here, but our local petsmart always pushes sick bettas to the back of the shelves.

It's such a shame to see fish in this condition, but it's very wonderful that you're trying to save them.
KoriC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #26 
SharkyTheBetta

Poor little fish... :( It's heartbreaking.... and unfortunately is happening all over the world. They don't care at all about bettas.... :((
You're doing a wonderful job. I also rescued a fish a few weeks ago and now he's back in shape. Keep us updated please.
SharkyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #27 
Tikibirds

Those ammonia reading are good compared to the ones I frequently get from my local petco. Seriously how hard is it to use a small syringe to remove old water and replace with new?

belonged to this guy

The poor nameless guy :(
can he reach the surface to get air easily? if not, float him in a cup in a heated tank. Some AQ salt may help -its supposed to help gill functions

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-09-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #28 
Nibblez

It saddens me to see all this. I hope that poor little nameless boy will help up and get past the worst. Luckily i haven't come across anything as bad as whats been mentioned on this forum. Just sounds absolutely depressing. My trips have been limited to a pet store that has 1 gal cubes for each bettas, all looking healthy as well as an aquarium shop who takes care of all their fishies.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #29 
justmel

Moonshadow, I am so sorry about the deltatail. Hopefully he's turned around and doing better this morning. You do such a wonderful job, I know it's got to hurt when you loose one of your rescues before you get the chance to help him. The DT is looking a lot better. You do such a wonderful job with all the guys, thank you so much for what you do!
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #30 
Laki

Give him a name before he passes. :<

I am so sickened by this. You have picture evidence and VIDEO evidence. Makes copies and contact the manager and head office ... Be diplomatic about it though, you don't want to come off as angry, irrational and have them turn a blind eye.

Wait a day or two and then call them. Supply your evidence and state your case and offer a solution to the care.. Like dividing their regular tanks and adding the bettas to those, at least on a baracks system where the water is exchanged out.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote