Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

The My Spouse will "kill" me if I get another fish thread (Sneaky fish stories)

I have a husband who just can't understand my sudden interest bettas and he is really flustered by it. I have brought fish home and not "mentioned" them until the time was right. They were in one of the many containers I have for fish. He doesn't spend much time staring at my fish.
On the bright side he did buy my aquarium stand last night. Still he is just tolerating my fish and wants the divided tank to have less around the house. What are you fish stories? Are you under threats if you buy another fish? How many do you have? I have 10.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #2 
belleangel33

My boyfriend was a little angry when I had 40somethin Bettas and said no more! Well honey I said I just sold 14 he was much happier with that answer that the fight stopped right there lol.

So Im right there with you! I just have to convince him to build me a fish room and then he wont have too see them!
belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #3 
Jexx

HAHAHAHAHAH. Oh man you are too funny! I love this post. I have 3. If I didn't have 3 year old twins I would have more bettas. Because I have 2 children I don't want to risk my husband leaving me :P I'm pretty sure otherwise I would have 10 as well. I have to say though, he is finally starting to relax lol. I think I may be breaking him in finally. He was really upset when I bought my first Galileo. We got into a public argument when I upgraded him to a 5 gallon tank . When I got Esmeralda, he wasn't as angry but I think it was because he thought I was done since i had a boy and a girl. Kinda like ppl assume if you have a son and a daughter "your family is comeplete" *rolls eyes* When my birthday rolled around I told him all I wanted for my bday was another fish tank. I didn't get a damn thing for my bday. He got a new computer. (our birthdays are the same week) I was sooo upset.. my mom gave me a gift card for Ikea so I could get a new stand for the new tank. I begged my husband, pleaded, argued my case every day until he finally stopped saying no lol. Then I lost my job and couldn't continue with my plan of a large community sorority tank. So, I told him I was depressed and that I was going to Petsmart and rescuing a male betta and there was nothing he could do to stop me but I wanted him as my husband to support my decision. He was shocked and realized he couldn't stop me at that point and said yes. So now I have Lord Sesshomaru. He actually seems to like him haha. I think I'm gonna get him a bigger tank and get a 4th bahahaha
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #4 
belleangel33

Hahaha yeah my man wanted nothing to do with them, but I started showing him the fry as they grew up and he watch a spawn and dad collecting eggs hes said to me the other day I guess its kinda cool to watch them grow up but they are still dumb baaahaaa ya ok thats why i see you peeking in the fry tanks now an again!
belleangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #5 
titolatino1970

hahaha my wife still gets mad i have 8 kids 1 set of 2yrs old twins ive been playing with the fish 3yrs and i find myself smuggling fish in and out of the house so the other day a package came i said look hun its not alive she rolled her eyes and left 5mins later its the mailmain with 4 new fish lol just bit the bullet on that one
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #6 
Jexx

haha "smuggling fish" look what we've been reduced to! we need a support group lol. Except instead of loved ones holding interventions for us, we'll hold interventions for the spouses that don't support our fish addiction :p
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #7 
waterdog

Unfortunatly I think I will win this one

I used to have in my signature....."My wife says if I bring home one more fish she is going to leave me. Gawd I'm going to miss her!

Well, it's not there anymore.

I'm sure there was more to it than that, but it was an excuse for her. "If your not out bass fishing there's all these stupid fish everywhere!"

I have a 75 gallon tropical built into the wall with a 35 gal sump, a 40 gallon goldfish, a 10 gallon split betta, a 5 gal betta, a 2.5 betta, and, oh yea, a 200 gal pond.
In my workshop I have a 30 and a 20 waiting to make some fish happy.

Can anyone top that?????????
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #8 
isochronism

Jexx, You could have asked for a one carat diamond ring or a new fish tank. His choice!!! HA
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #9 
Jexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
Unfortunatly I think I will win this one

I used to have in my signature....."My wife says if I bring home one more fish she is going to leave me. Gawd I'm going to miss her!

Well, it's not there anymore.

I'm sure there was more to it than that, but it was an excuse for her. "If your not out bass fishing there's all these stupid fish everywhere!"

I have a 75 gallon tropical built into the wall with a 35 gal sump, a 40 gallon goldfish, a 10 gallon split betta, a 5 gal betta, a 2.5 betta, and, oh yea, a 200 gal pond.
In my workshop I have a 30 and a 20 waiting to make some fish happy.

Can anyone top that?????????
Oh waterdog, I am sorry :(
Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #10 
isochronism

I am an Audiophile. (someone VERY interested in home music their system/music) I know other guys that have to sneak in new cable, etc. They use a term "WAF" moreover referring to speakers. (the-Wife Acceptance Factor) I'm single and do what I want!! HA
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote