Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #31 
Jexx

HAHAHA that is wonderful! I actually use the "friend" line whenever I order aquarium equipment, decor etc, off the internet. "oh my friend sells these things for charity, oh my friend sent these for free..." thank goodness not too many other questions are asked lol
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #32 
PNP

Oooh, Aquabid. Well...I do have a 5 gallon aquarium with nobody in it... and nowhere to put it. But I love looking at Aquabid.

Oh, and just how do you do water changes for 71 bettas?
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #33 
Khaleesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmel View Post
I thought the same about mine, but he seems to like the last one I brought home. The morning after when I got up he told me he had been playing with Ra that morning and sent me some good pictures he took. Keep trying. Maybe he will get as hooked as you are.
He said when we buy a house he wants an aquarium with "nice fish" in it. Not exactly sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it means no male bettas. Maybe I can get him to agree to a future sorority.
Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #34 
Snoeflayke

My boyfriend doesn't quite understand the lengths I go to for my bettas, or the joy I get from this forum, but he tolerates it.

I had to tell him, "Listen, my JOB is to give animals the best care possible, so if you say 'It's just a fish' one more time, I'm going to hit you."

He got it then.

Then again, he also didn't understand why I wanted a 'special-needs' cowfish for a future saltwater tank, so maybe it's just me...
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #35 
Elsewhere

I hear y'all... I started with my boy, Pigg and about 6 months after that got Atlas. Then two months later I got Artemis and Themis, my girls. Then a number of months later I got a 30g and now have 11 Bettas in my room. My mother is NOT impressed LOL. She refuses to let me get anymore after the sorority is done. I will have "smuggle" them in as well >:D
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #36 
Blue Fish

I just brought home a new girl tonight...she came home in the middle of a potted plant... ;) (IE, her cup was stuck in the middle of some new snapdragons I purchased at walmart, so she could come upstairs incognito. ;)

But, this was a crowntail female black orchid...and she was dying in a Petsmart cup...she NEEDED to come and be part of my sorority...because apparently I NEVER want to finish having QT tanks... ;)

I'm up to...wait, let me think a minute...nine boys and seven girls, so that's sixteen.

And I've still got a 10g, a 30g, a SECOND 30g (that really, really is going to be returned, because I hate the really big tanks) that could, technically, hold some more fishies... ;)

Last edited by Blue Fish; 04-09-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #37 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
HAHAHA that is wonderful! I actually use the "friend" line whenever I order aquarium equipment, decor etc, off the internet. "oh my friend sells these things for charity, oh my friend sent these for free..." thank goodness not too many other questions are asked lol
LOL! I've done that. Or, I got a really good deal... (of course, what is considered a deal and good can be up to personal interpretation... ;)...I had a friend who's daughter wanted some bettas...Well, Ella did eventually get her bettas, but I added in two of my own in the process... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I hope you are able to put just as many controls and limits on his hobbies as he has on yours.

I really don't understand this thing about BOYFRIENDS limiting your hobby. I mean if he wants to control you he better put a ring on it!
I'm with you. I'm single, 31, but currently living with family due to the recent economic decline and having two good sized dogs who really can't live in an apartment... (if anyone knows of a hospital who wants to give a very educated xray tech a full-time job, hook me up! LOL!) I'm with them. So, I can pretty much purchase what I like in terms of the bettas, but I do still have to somewhat smuggle them into the house to avoid the eye rolls and looks of "what, you bought ANOTHER ONE? ;) My family doesn't know about the girls yet. ;)

And Waterdog....I'm sorry dude, but you're better off without her. :P

Last edited by Blue Fish; 04-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #38 
Skyewillow

My fiance and I will bicker about the bettas, but I usually end up getting my way. I buy all of their supplies, I bust my behind and work till my fingers are sore making plushies and whatever else to sell to support them without having to use my main source of income, I feel that I deserve nice things, like rescues. lol

I do respect his wishes to not set up a TON of tanks, but I will push my luck as often as possible. 5 of my recent fish were allowed to come home after a 2 hr stand down in Walmart. He hated me for it, until he got attached to Lillith and Don Quixote.

In return, I let him spend time and money on his MTG obsession. The fish pay attention to me, and keep me company when he gets engrossed in doing his cards for weeks. I also told him that all of my fish tanks take up half of the space his cards do, and that's INCLUDING my 5 gal! I got to set up a dwarf frog growout when he spent $180 on 1000 cards!

I have depression, and anxiety, and my cat who was my therapy pet has to stay with my dad till we get our own house (we live with his grandma) so the bettas and my frogs help.

It's all about compromise for us. Although I'm really stubborn and persistent when I want to be.

My frogs are his hate thing. I told him the other day to stop nagging me about getting rid of them, they're not going anywhere. I like them better than most people.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #39 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNP View Post
Oooh, Aquabid. Well...I do have a 5 gallon aquarium with nobody in it... and nowhere to put it. But I love looking at Aquabid.

Oh, and just how do you do water changes for 71 bettas?
It's not easy.....lol
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote