Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #41 
Jexx

Well all the grey is gone. Just destroyed bleeding tail or what's left of it. No additional rot since starting bi furan. Hoping morning brings even better news. I can't get kanaplex locally, would have to order. I'll look into it tomorrow. It would be good to have just in cas e
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #42 
Sakura8

Bifuran is a good medication too though with nitrafurazone, the same antibiotic in API Furan-2. It's a very good medication for topical infections. Continue with the medication for the rest of its course and then a second course to be on the safe side. Don't stop the medication even if you see improvement, as doing so could result in the bacteria coming back more resistant.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #43 
SharkyTheBetta

Galileo is a true fighter! I'm so happy he's doing better now! Hopefully he will be back in shape at the end of the treatment. Continue the medication as Sakura explained and keep him in low light. I also noticed this really helps. His little body will rest more, exactly what he needs along with the medication.

Wishing you good luck :)
SharkyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #44 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Sakura8, thank you for answering me so late at night! Littlebluefishlets, thank you for all the info! JadaBlu, Tikibirds, Blue Fish, tngirl92, XxxXnoodleXxxX, MattsBettas, Artemis, and Snoeflayke, thank you for responding and helping.
I am literally up all night Glad he is on the mend
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #45 
Jexx

Morning: Lethargy. He just wants to rest on the bottom of the tank. He does swim up for air and when I approached the tank and removed the lid he swam up to see me. He ate 2 pellets and tried to eat a third but it came back up. He went back to the bottom to rest. His fins are not clamped and he is not bloated or anything. His coloring is good and it seems as though he is not losing any more of his tail. The half he has left he may keep! The ends do not seem to be bleeding any more and no more discoloration has appeared. I am aging some water (too many bubbles) right now and at noon I will change out his water and re-dose. It really helps me to log on and see your replies. I feel a bit better knowing you all are here with me. In real life I feel so alone dealing with Galileo's sickness because no one around me knows fish. My children are too young, my husband just isn't interested and my mother in law (God love her) is interested but just doesn't get it. You all are my saving grace. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #46 
Agility4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Morning: Lethargy. He just wants to rest on the bottom of the tank. He does swim up for air and when I approached the tank and removed the lid he swam up to see me. He ate 2 pellets and tried to eat a third but it came back up. He went back to the bottom to rest. His fins are not clamped and he is not bloated or anything. His coloring is good and it seems as though he is not losing any more of his tail. The half he has left he may keep! The ends do not seem to be bleeding any more and no more discoloration has appeared. I am aging some water (too many bubbles) right now and at noon I will change out his water and re-dose. It really helps me to log on and see your replies. I feel a bit better knowing you all are here with me. In real life I feel so alone dealing with Galileo's sickness because no one around me knows fish. My children are too young, my husband just isn't interested and my mother in law (God love her) is interested but just doesn't get it. You all are my saving grace. Thank you!

So glad things seem to be settling down and healing is underway. I have learned that treating fish is a methodical process that takes patience. You're doing a great job! Hang in there.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #47 
Jexx

Thank you. I agree it is methodical. All the measuring and testing and mixing and examining. I feel like a scientist.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #48 
Jexx

Ok did 100% water change. 3.5 gallons of water treated with 3 ml of stress coat+ and 4 ml BiFuran. Temp holding at 80. He was not interested in eating but he is swimming around exploring again. Tail looks good. I can even see a small amount of clear regrowth already. This boy is a champion. He is getting used to being cupped for the water changes. This is the first time he's ever had to be cupped since I got him 5 months ago. He looks so silly in the cup though because he is so big. He can barely move in it. He is happy once he is back in the tank. I took a picture so you all can see how he is doing. The water is green because the BiFuran tints the water. He likes it though lol.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #49 
Agility4fun

This really makes me smile. Yay!!
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #50 
Jexx

me too. I can breath a LITTLE easier now. I am still super scared but it sure makes a difference to not see rotting fin. It hurts to see that chunk of tail missing though. I have hopes it will grow back and he'll be even more beautiful!