Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #61 
Sakura8

Wow, IAL sure turned him a gorgeous green color. Glad to hear he is doing so well. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #62 
Jexx

oh haha its not IAL. i don't actually have any. Its the BiFuran. It colors the water yellowish green haha
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #63 
Jexx

Update: so no change. His tail I guess is getting better, it is red at the end but I suppose that is from the tail regrowing. Still treating with stresscoat+ and BiFuran. Also added vitachem to the water today He is still very lethargic. He's spent the past 2 days just laying on the bottom of the tub. He does come up for air and moves if I put my finger to the tub but other wise just lays on the bottom. I'm hoping its just the medication making him like this. tomorrow will be day 5 of treatment. I am not sure if I should do another treatment or if I should return him to his tank. I worry that the medication is too hard on him but I am also afraid to return him to his tank and have him get worse.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #64 
LittleBlueFishlets

Can you post a picture of his tail, especially the red part?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #65 
Jexx

Here he laying there. Here is his tail. The very edge where it rotted is a bit red but there is also clear regrowrh. By clear I mean see through
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #66 
Jexx

that's how he has been all day the past 2 days. just laying there. in different spots but still, not exploring. just laying there and coming up for air and then moving to a new spot to lay down again. he's eating small meals. a couple pellets at a time. I don't know.. I'm just worried about his behavior. Its like his body is too heavy for him. Like he is just weak or something. His color is perfect though. Also, he's laying out in the open. Not hiding under anything or laying in his leaves.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #67 
Sakura8

It could be the medication making him lethargic. I don't see red spots but I don't see black fin rot either so that's a great sign.

Now, continuing him on the BiFuran for another few days is up to you. I'd suggest it just to make sure we've nipped that bacterial infection but if he continues to be lethargic then it's your call.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #68 
Jexx

I thought it was the medication but wasn't sure. He does swim up to greet me and swims normally but then its like it was just too much and he goes back to laying down. Tomorrow is day 5 of the medication. The bottle says 5-7 days. I will complete the treatment because I understand that stopping treatment early can cause the bacteria to become resistant or mutate. But I don't think I'm going to do a second treatment either. I think I'll hold on til monday and then take him out.I think a second treatment would do more damage than good. I just hope he can take it for another 2 days.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #69 
Thomasdog

Indy sends hugs, he is going through fin rot too. :*(

I send hugs to both of you, Galileo's a fighter, I'll bet he'll pull through! :)
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #70 
Jexx

I really hope so. I hope Indy makes it too!