Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #31 
jadaBlu

Does anyone have a link to their website or can you PM it to me? I don't plan to breed but I am interested in becoming more educated and getting the magazine.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #32 
GhostFeather

Here you go.
http://ibcbettas.org/
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #33 
Basement Bettas

Might be a bit rocky when you sign up.. we do not have it where it is easy. So send me a message if you have any issues getting your member access to t he forum.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #34 
TankDiveGirl

Hey Basement Bettas --

I joined IBC in late february/early march (I'd have to check back through my paypal receipts! lol!) because I want to get into serious breeding and definitely into showing.

I LOVE the TA section -- I've been slowly reading through the articles and am making a list of questions and things to ask, and I'd LOVE to have a mentor guide me through the ropes, so that program would definitely be of interest to me.

I do have an issue though -- the membership was paid for with my and my fiancee's joint paypal account, which is in his name. Thus, I can't access the yahoo group, which I think would be most beneficial to me. So who do I contact about that?

And a suggestion I have might be to put the standards in the Members Area? because i'm one of those "read it, see it, learn it" people, and if i can read the standards, see pictures of good/bad, and then apply those to my own fish, it would be a great help!

And I know that we're hosting the IBC Convention here in Dallas this summer, and I'd really love to go, just to see the show and figure out how it works!

OP -- you should join, even if "only" for the education.

*hugs*
Jamie
TankDiveGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #35 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
thanks, website was too confusing to navigate. it would be nice to have more defined categories for discussion and info lookup.

BTW, the shopping experience was challenging, cannot put things in the shopping cart. so i ended up not buying anything.
Ok, the one that was confusing was the yahoo group.
I registered with the ibc website and was able to unlock other forums. It looks better than from the perspective of a visitor with no access.

maybe showing some of the forum names without member access will encourage others to join.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #36 
Basement Bettas

Jamie.. you still have no access to the yahoo group? Send me email with your name and his.. email used and I will get forwarded to the powers that be.

Ideally we will move all the needed files to the site. But the yahoo group, though outdated.. is still how some info is best communicated.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #37 
Basement Bettas

And there will be more good info in the TA articles as we get them loaded. There are DECADES of written work.. and only a portion is currently available.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #38 
TankDiveGirl

I got it fixed this afternoon, actually! I'm reading through the files now. =)

Thank you for checking though!

I do have to say I've been very impressed with how quickly I've gotten responses from the "Powers that be" at IBC -- I really expected to wait through the weekend, and I got a response within an hour of sending an email, and then Sally also checked to make sure my website access was active and has been very very helpful. So definitely props for customer service there!

*hugs*
J
Old 04-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #39 
TankDiveGirl

I know! But it's SO useful even with not "everything" being there -- I've learned SO much already!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #40 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankDiveGirl View Post
I know! But it's SO useful even with not "everything" being there -- I've learned SO much already!
Great!! and welcome!!

Flare! was just released in the members area. Read over the platforms.. and vote. It is your IBC.. I used to feel I did not know enough to really have an opinion. But, even as a new member you have a right to determine the leadership. The platforms are posted.. and I have a link to additional info on my platform if desired.