Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #11 
Skyewillow

males get bumps/welts all over, females will get them too, just not as much. They also have a pimple looking gland in their armpit area that's hard to see.

It could be possible that her hormones were out of whack if it were female. Plenty of women have to go on hormone replacers if they make too much testosterone.

I've had my African Clawed frogs for 6 months and finally sexed them correctly, I was whoa off! Thought my boy was a girl and vice versa!! LOL
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #12 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
males get bumps/welts all over, females will get them too, just not as much. They also have a pimple looking gland in their armpit area that's hard to see.

It could be possible that her hormones were out of whack if it were female. Plenty of women have to go on hormone replacers if they make too much testosterone.

I've had my African Clawed frogs for 6 months and finally sexed them correctly, I was whoa off! Thought my boy was a girl and vice versa!! LOL
Only the boys have that pimple looking gland though, that's how you sex them. I only chose ADF that I was sure of their sex (no room for doubt) and you can never be 100% sure until they are fully grown, but when they grew up, turns out I was right and both girls (even though one had to go bye bye )

the welts were on her sides (only the one that was mean the betta) rather than where they always appear. And I had seen the betta bite her and a welt appear seconds after a few times. I just never could have imagined that it was the frog antagonizing the betta rather than the other way around.

I think she had the big dog complex.... you know... like little chihuahuas who think they can take on a rotty? lol
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #13 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
I think she had the big dog complex.... you know... like little chihuahuas who think they can take on a rotty? lol
my sister has one of those Chi's, and he scared the bajeezus out of the rott!

I'm still pretty new to the ADFs though, Mine is currently bee-bopping around with a huge potbelly!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #14 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
my sister has one of those Chi's, and he scared the bajeezus out of the rott!

I'm still pretty new to the ADFs though, Mine is currently bee-bopping around with a huge potbelly!
If their belly looks squished, they're probably girls. But I have seen males get bigger too I wonder if they think we're as hard to tell the gender of, as we think they can be! hahaha

Oh, chihuahuas can be mean little buggers. We had a weener dog that kept trying to pick fights with my neighbor's golden retriever it's the nepoleon complex
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
african dwarf frogs, tank mates