Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #11 
Kyurem150

Lucky me! This is what it said at the bottom of their website. "Sale prices valid in stores and online April 2 - April 22, 2013 unless otherwise noted." And the tank i want is on sale :)
Kyurem150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #12 
Otterfun

I once had a PetSmart manager match a PetCo online price that I printed.
PetCo will not match any online prices.

I like the fish & plants stock, and the knowledge of the AQ guy at my Pasadena PetCo but PetSmart beat Petco in matching prices and prices in general. Drs. Foster & Smith has very competitive prices and the customer service is excellent, they pick up the phone within 3 rings, the last 3 times I called.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #13 
Corsica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyurem150 View Post
Lucky me! This is what it said at the bottom of their website. "Sale prices valid in stores and online April 2 - April 22, 2013 unless otherwise noted." And the tank i want is on sale :)
Sweet! Must be on the PetPerks sale then.
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #14 
kyle89

Wow my LFS would put both Petco and petsmart out of business if they price match!!!
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #15 
Juditko

FYI my local store has no local competition to speak of, but they price matched a Petco online price. I called and spoke to a manager first, then went in immediately after while he was still there.
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #16 
frankiefire

My petsmart matched petcos online price when petco wouldn't match their own.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #17 
kyle89

There is just something about Petco that turns me away
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #18 
Blue Fish

My petsmart has a better product selection, but their prices are higher, and they keep all the bettas in methylene blue. This seriously, seriously irritates me. You have no idea what color of fish you're buying, other than maybe blue or maybe red. No detail is visible in all that awful blue water. It's gotten to the point that I just won't buy fish from them anymore. Plus I had a woman yesterday tell me that bettas don't need a heater.
I did not ask for help, I was simply holding a betta cup and looking in the heater section...this advice was unasked for...and it bothered me quite a bit, not only because it was WRONG, but because I wasn't looking for her help in the first place! If I hadn't of known better, I would have taken her advice and had poorly heated/unhealthy bettas. :P

That being said...my petco doesn't take very good care of their bettas (but neither does my petsmart) but man, they've got some of the most *beautiful* fish in there...it rivals aquabid. I purchased a new bright purple and white ruffle-tail delta who may also be an EE based on the size of his pectoral fins (not sure what the cutoff is). He was seven dollars. And there were several others who were also lovely, and still fairly healthy because they were a new shipment brought in the day before. I have actually managed to find decent fish people at Petco a few times, and there's one woman in particular who knows what she's talking about. Whereas petsmart...not so much. (But that's just in my area, I have no doubt that others have had the opposite experience in other stores.)

I have one really, really good LFS...but their betta selection is lack-luster at best... :(
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote