Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #1 
Indigo Betta

Interview at LFS need quick responses!

I have an interview tomorrow for a job working at a LFS. I really want this job so I was just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice. I'm sure quite a lot of you must have had similar interviews, and any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated :) What sort of questions might they ask?

Thanks in advance guys!
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #2 
Laki

They should ask you why YOU can help the establishment. What YOU can offer that stands out from other applicants. This is where it's helpful to outline your volunteer experience/previoius work experiences which highlight qualities useful in a pet store : Customer service, able to multitask, useful in group/solitary settings, can handle large lineups (a lot of pet stores only have one or two cash registers).

You need to take a few deep breaths before you go in, arrive like ten minutes early and stand politely while you wait for the manager rather than gaze at fish and supplies. Get an aura of your greatness, without getting too cocky, and go in confident. Make eye contact and smile.

Only suggest your expertise of they ask. I know there;s a petstore here who hires non-pet experts bc of the conditions they keep the animals in that cut costs. They hire high school kids and don't train them properly. SO, if its a store who actually cares then let them know where you are in terms of knowledge. Don't challenge them about the condition they keep bettas in or anything, for this first impression you're going to want to them to know you're mature and competant rather than sentimental and irrational. They see their business as a business.

Last edited by Laki; 04-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote