Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #11 
ANHEL123

thank you Sakura, i want to clarify she treated him a few month ago before i even spoke to her. She thought that he had a hole and he had ich. She do not have pictures of him at that time. So she treated him about 40 days ago with Maracyn with Maroxy, General Cure. Then he had a lot of white strings that we decided it was slime coat possible from medications.
Now today was last day of the 3tsp/gall of the aq salt. He is eating and acting healthy. What confusing me that his tail was fine while she was treating him. I saw pictures from day one from when she started him on aq salt to day 9 he was fine. I didn't worry about it at all. Also she added IAL for the past 3 days. But today i saw his picture and it last day of the salt and i was shocked. His tail looks like he has beginning of fin rot.
I will try to attach the pictures again, somehow i can not or my computer not programmed for that , i can't attached here i can only e mail them
Thank you I will try now to attach pictures. Also i want to mention that her other bettas from the same breeder are fine. And this betta actually had issues from the beginning. Hole in the head and ich she might be wrong but she didn't have pictures any way. Now he don't have hole or ich ....i think hopefully not look like...

EDIT: She don't want to cycle his tank, but is it even going to help if tank would be cycled? I didn't think so...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #12 
Sakura8

She doesn't need to cycle the tank as long as she keeps up with water changes.

Some bettas are just problem children. *sigh*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

will see how he doing . I just thinking if his fins will progressively rotting away what should be done. I will give update, thank you Sakura and everyone who tried to help.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #14 
Sakura8

If his fins are rotting away and it's definitely rot and not tailbiting, I would use Triple Sulfa. Make sure the fins have blackened edges.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #15 
ANHEL123

Sakura another question came up. Her work place has a 55gallon fish tank of 16 cichlid blood parrots. They are very healthy. it's been cycled for 20 years, and water is in perfect condition . pH is 7 while their tap water is 8 pH. so 2 questions come up to me. how come that tank brings pH down? can she put her sick betta in that perfect water tank? it means he's gonna be with those parrots, but she will make a private corner for only himself with no sight of other fish.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #16 
VJM

pH can be affected by substrate, decorations, and time. My pH is higher out of the tap, and falls a bit to 7.6 after 24 hours. So, I use water that has been sitting out warming for 24 hours. The driftwood in my tank ( I am guessing) takes it down another notch to 7.4. Everybody is happy and healthy, thus far.

Cichilds need 74-82 degree water, so they are close to bettas. I think putting two aggressive species in the same tank, no matter how solid you think the divider is, is something to avoid. Obviously, people use divided tanks all the time. I just wouldn't feel good if there was an accident and injury, and it was preventable.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #17 
Sakura8

Anhel, if the nitrogenous and dissolved organic solids (DOS) levels are too high in the 55gal, it could cause the pH to fall. Although since you said the water is fine, then there is probably another reason.

While I wouldn't advise her putting her betta in that tank for various reasons, it's possible for her to take water from the tank to do partial water changes.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

Oh guys don't know what to do
This was message 2 days ago from that girl to me

his activity is fine. he no longer lies at the bottom. his fin rot is in slow process i guess. but today i realize he has one brown string reach out from his nose. it's been there for a while but was white and short so i didnt realize. now it's pretty reach out. one more problem i realize, his dragon scale is fading away. he is dragon type and the dragon scale was very clear before but now it doesn't look like anymore. i also see few thin red horizontal lines across his body. there are also some red tiny spot too. it seems like his scale is disappearing.
I did saw the picture but you can see disappearing scales thogh.

Now update today :
he is not so good right now. i do 100% water change every 2 days with IAL. but he keep lying at bottom looking unconscious. but rotting processs has been slow down. i dont know what to do. ;(
Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

Should she start him on medications. Sakura what kind do you recommend? I don't think she has time to order anything on line. Should she remove IAL?
Is Triple sulfa will help? Can she find Maracyn Plus in the stores?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #20 
ANHEL123

I don't know which med's she can go and buy faster and which stores?