Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #21 
Sakura8

Keep the IAL and add Triple Sulfa if she can find it. Although I think at this point, whatever infection he had went internal and not much will help him. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #22 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Hey guys i am talking to someone who has 4 bettas from Thailand. One her betta has problems and i think he just more sensitive then others. Her ph is 8.0 I do know that bettas are adjustable to ph, but this one is very difficult and have problem with his tail. We did 10 days course of aq salt and IAL. He was treated before with medications before salt. His tail looked perfectly fine 2 days ago today he looks like it fin rot. So i want to try safely lower ph.
Did anyone use drifwood or blackwater extract like Kent's Blackwater or Attison's Betta Spa .
Is there anything i have to know before using it? I understand that extract bottle probably will have instructions ...How about driftwood any instructions on that?
Thank you very much.
The breeders over there all have different water parameters.. everything from very soft to very hard. Ph at 8 is high and will curl fins. If her fish came from a breeder with very soft water the fish is having some osmotic shock issues.

Best bet is to get some drinking from wal-mart. It is pure RO. And mix in to about a half and half mixture. Can eventually get the fish used to more local water.. but again. That ph is really high and it will cause some fin issues.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #23 
Sakura8

BB, why would that one fish have troubles and not the other three? Could they just be hardier or something?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

Can salt change ph? He was perfectly fine in the salt water and daily 100% water changes. I wish she could do salt longer. Sad:( This girl was treating him with medication, then salt and daily water change for 14 days and then he was fine and now he is dying . If some one else got him , he probably would be dad already.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #25 
Sakura8

Honestly, I don't know if salt can change pH but it's possible. I mean, my water softener uses salt . . .
Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #26 
ANHEL123

She wrote on friday that she took IAL out . She think that he got better without them. So i don't know about that. But today in the morning i got message from her:
''today he has weird action. i saw him sometimes swims very rapidly. just like flashing around the tank. it happens in anout 3 seconds. today he is not so active. most of the time at bottom :( ""

What is that? I know that aquarium salt can be repeated in about 10-14 days after first treatment. Should we wait a few more days and repeat the treatment? Or i think it will be too late, he might not live that long.What is that move that he did, is it possible that he has ich? Sakura would you still recommend Triple sulfa ?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

i was thinking if it ext parasites that he had from beginning and that is why he got a lot of better with salt. And as soon as she stopped salt he got worse. She did mentioned that she treated him for ich before. And he might not showing all symptoms because she been treating him. But then the reason i doubted because she did share all changing equipment with all her others betta and as far as i know they still doing fine. So that is why i doubted it ext parasites?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #28 
Sakura8

No, if we think it's external parasites I'd go back to salt and high heat at 86 F. I'd rather not try any medications if possible, since he's had so many.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Thank you i will write to her. She finish salt about 8 days ago is it ok? Should we use again 3tsp/gall?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #30 
Sakura8

I think it is safer to use the salt than it is to go back to medications at this point.