Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 
Kuunsilta

Good news!

About a month ago, I got two darling new fishies! A male named Mr. Grumpygills and a female who I named Pearl.

Mr. Grumpygills still lives up to his name, but Pearl has been a happy little fish. When I got her, I liked her because she had a pastel sort of colour to her - she was pale and had a soft blue and green. I almost named her Pastel but I liked Pearl better. All the females there, Pearly included, had horizontal lines down their sides and a sort of speckled look to their fins. I thought this was normal at the time. They also seemed very dull in colour, and I thought that was pretty normal too.

Now she has a brilliant blue body ( Not as flashy as my boy, of course, but much more brilliant than day one) and a greenish head that extends down her back a little. I'm glad that she's no longer stressed anymore and seems to enjoy her tank. Her favorite thing to do when bored is swim against the filter's current and then let it carry her around the tank. She almost seems disappointed when I turn it off, and touches her little snout to it as if to say, "Hey... where did it go?". She doesn't seem to mind so much anymore because she realizes that when I turn it off it means feeding time for her! It's not too strong of a current. At the bottom of the tank it's fine, and she can hide in her little log to sleep.

Grumps is still grumpy but I don't blame him. I wouldn't be too pleased to be in his tiny temp tank, myself. I'm sure that when I get him a new one, he'll be happier. As of now, his favorite pass time is giving the thermometer the stink eye and resting in the plants =)
( I have no idea what the thermometer ever did to him but he sometimes sizes it up and flares at it. The weirdo <3)
Kuunsilta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happy betta good news