Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

BettaBow + New additions

Returned that bettafalls tank. Great concept but those compartments were just too dang small. Went back and bought a 2.5 gallon Bettabow and a 10 watt aqueon heater for only $5 more, and this tank came with an LED light which is great.
Boys are still checking it out. Their behavior is already much improved from the bettafalls tank. They are much more active, flaring and swimming and exploring, with no more clamped fins. LOVE the new design of the minibow tank, the little stand is great and it looks much sleeker.
Also, had an old 2.5 gallon in the garage so I put Mirage in there. He loves all of the space.
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #2 
kjg1029

glad to see an improvement. you should try putting some plants against the divider so they arent flaring all the time.
and maybe a dark place to hide to "get away" pluss the next time you can okay?:)
and just try to upgrade them to their own 2.5g+, the next time you can okay?:)
i just love that white/silverish double tail! he so cute!:3
kjg1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1029 View Post
glad to see an improvement. you should try putting some plants against the divider so they arent flaring all the time.
and maybe a dark place to hide to "get away" pluss the next time you can okay?:)
and just try to upgrade them to their own 2.5g+, the next time you can okay?:)
i just love that white/silverish double tail! he so cute!:3
Plants against the divider sounds brilliant, I'll try to rearrange the plants like that, and look for some kind of caves for them. I agree, 2.5 gallons is prime for each betta, but this will have to do for now. Much better than the dirty cold cups.
OH they both already ate 3 pellets each. :)
Thanks so much, I LOVE that little double tail. So far he's been pretty curious and calm, not very feisty. Couldn't leave the poor baby on the shelf anymore, not for $7!

Last edited by Bettaluver4evr; 10-28-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #4 
kjg1029

yeah! i couldnt have left him either..lol! and yes, about 1 gal each is much better then a cup!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
yeah! i couldnt have left him either..lol! and yes, about 1 gal each is much better then a cup!
I saw him two weeks ago, and thought for sure someone else would get him, so I left him there. Last thursday, sure enough, there he was. So I scooped him up. :) He built two bubble nests over the weekend, I'm hoping he'll make one in the 2.5 gallon tank, just put him in there today. :)
I'm glad I saved them! The poor VT was so clamped, and his cup was disgusting and cloudy, I could barely see him in it. I saw him last week after a water change, that's the only reason I knew he was beautiful behind all the nasty water. He looks fantastic now that he's colored up. He perked RIGHT up once I put him in the minibow. That bettafalls tank really was too small, when I put him in there, even though he had more room than his cup, he was still super lethargic and just sat on the bottom.
The plakat boy had only been there 5 days but no water changes for him either, and he was so feisty, still flaring at his neighbors after 5 days, so I got him too.
I absolutely CANNOT get anymore bettas. I have 5 now and I'm going off to college in less than a year, and I don't know how many they'll let me have in a dorm, even if the tanks are small.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #6 
kjg1029

yeah the PK is cute too! i like his little face lol:). and oh exciting college!! ive still got a year or so to go, but im not moving, im just gonna go community and then maybe go to another school after that, that way i wont need to move all my fish and take care of them in dorms lolxD.!

....and oh man..im really craving a 7th betta now!..Oh, hey my birthday and christmas are next month.. i know what im asking for lol:D.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
yeah the PK is cute too! i like his little face lol:). and oh exciting college!! ive still got a year or so to go, but im not moving, im just gonna go community and then maybe go to another school after that, that way i wont need to move all my fish and take care of them in dorms lolxD.!

....and oh man..im really craving a 7th betta now!..Oh, hey my birthday and christmas are next month.. i know what im asking for lol:D.
I'm finishing up at a local community college (recently converted to state college lol but not well renowned) at the end of next summer and then I'm planning to leave next fall. Hoping I can bring most if not all of my betta boys. If not, I'll have to rehome them.
Wow you have 6? I had six at one time but found the water changes to be pretty challenging, ended up giving a couple to my friends.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #8 
kjg1029

yupp! 6:) 4 are in two divided ten gals and 1 in a 5g and one in a 3g lol. water changes aren't bad, for me anyways teehee.
yeah im planning on doing the same thing!^:) what are you going for?
not to spam your thread! sorry! lol
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
yupp! 6:) 4 are in two divided ten gals and 1 in a 5g and one in a 3g lol. water changes aren't bad, for me anyways teehee.
yeah im planning on doing the same thing!^:) what are you going for?
not to spam your thread! sorry! lol
Wow I bet your tank setups are beautiful! I have ALWAYS wanted to have just 1 betta in a nice 10 gallon but my parents have never let me have a tank that big, and we both know it always ends up being more than one. Most of my tanks right now are on the small side for sure, their sizes are listed in my signature, but I figure that they will be easier to bring to college.
Mostly all I've done are get the required credits out of the way so I could figure out a major. I was going to go for anthropology, but I actually changed it recently. Going for accounting now, planning on eventually getting a major in accounting and going to work for the FBI or CIA as a forensic accountant.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #10 
kjg1029

that sounds awsome! forensics are so interesting! im thinking of maybe nursing, or psychology,buuutt im not sure, im just gonna start by getting my required credits and going from there lol.
yeah i got 1 10g from my dads work with a comet goldfish and a corey cat (why would you put those together-___-?) and i got the other ten gal for 10$ on sale :P
i just got lucky when i got the 5 gal, we were out of town shopping and we went to petsmart it was like 50$tho!xD