Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2015, 10:34 PM   #1 
kschill83

New baby girl Betta- need a name! (Stress lines?)

I finally gave in and bought my 3rd (and final) betta :3 Since I have 2 boys, I decided on a female - and I always wanted to raise a baby. I finally fell in love with one and brought her home from work ^_^

She's hard to photograph, but she's like a green-blue iridescent female (looking like a VR) with blue, red-pink tail fin and red-pink pectoral fins. And she's around an inch long.

She's had vertical black lines on her since I've bought her. I've been told their stress lines, but would like more opinions about it. She's a very active and curious betta, and she's been eating great since I've gotten her so I don't think she'd be stressed. I've never had females before so I'm new to female betta behavior.
Attached Images

kschill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM   #2 
Blackstar00

She's cute I also have a single female and now two males. When I bought her from Wal-Mart she hadno color and had those lines too. She was very active and ate more than normal ( she's my little fatty, I watch how much I feed her but she stays thick anyways). Her color didn't start to show up until two or three days later but I would still see those stripes now and then. She gets them whenever I do water changes or mostly when she is asleep. If I turn the light on at night I see her very pale and with those stripes but I'm pretty sure it's normal. The color returns and the stripes fade as she brcomes active. I say you should just give her time to settle in and leave her alone for a while so that she can relax a bit. My girl loves attention and I've cought her watching us a bunch of times, she just swims up to the glass and stares. Every fish is different though and maybe your girl is just a bit shy and gets nervous when you get near her. Give her time and patience and soon she'll be all good.
Blackstar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:09 PM   #3 
themamaj

Those look like baby lines not stress to me. She will color up more as she matures. Beautiful girl!! Females are lots of fun. They can be sassy, feisty and have lots of personality. My oldest female thinks she is a little rocket swimming all over but doesn't hesitate to tell you who's boss either.
themamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:59 PM   #4 
LoveMyBettas

This female of mine, she is SOOOO feisty! LOL She seems very aggressive:) She has a wonderful, in your face personality!!

LoveMyBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, baby girl, stress lines