Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #1901 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashzebra View Post
Hiter on the left and Yngwie on the right.
They are lovely! I especially like the green one (Yngwie?) What do their names mean? I am a name freak! - They seem like big boys! Probably because they are well fed. As I think someone pointed out, maybe almost TOO well fed ;) Not a bad idea to cut back on their food.
I am a newbie on this forum too and have loved every minute of it! If you ever have ANY questions about diet, housing, illness, etc, please post them and I know everyone in this community will jump to help. Enjoy your fish!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #1902 
Suzbettafish

Thumbs up can't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokala View Post
They are lovely! I especially like the green one (Yngwie?) What do their names mean? I am a name freak! - They seem like big boys! Probably because they are well fed. As I think someone pointed out, maybe almost TOO well fed ;) Not a bad idea to cut back on their food.
I am a newbie on this forum too and have loved every minute of it! If you ever have ANY questions about diet, housing, illness, etc, please post them and I know everyone in this community will jump to help. Enjoy your fish!
You are correct tokala! There are more people on here that have some awesome advice. I am very new to this forum and it has helped me so much. My Yoshe is doing great so far! Your fish are beautiful ashzebra. You are on the right path. No worries. For awhile I thought it was ok to keep my betta friend in a VASE! Oh noooo! But learning so much here and links to great information I am now on the right track and looking forward to learning more!!
Suzbettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #1903 
ashzebra

Yngwie is named after a guitarist, and Hiter was a name I saw on a package at my work. The name just stood out to me.
ashzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #1904 
ashzebra

Would it be a good idea to give Yngwie (the green one, aka the bloated one) 1-2 pellets 2 times a day until he looks less bloated, then upping it to 2-3?

Also, I have swapped that old pine tree-looking plant for a softer plant. So, that's good. They both now have nice soft plants and will be receiving less food. So, all that's left is to get a heater and a bigger tank with a cave for each. Ooo and some neato rocks.
ashzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1905 
Sweeda88

I'd actually withhold food for 2 days, then after that, feed him 3 pellets twice a day. Hope that helps. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #1906 
DoNotDeclaw

I've only had Elvis 3 days but I love him already. I was trying to get a good picture of his tank, when I saw him peeking out from behind his fake plants. The petstore doesn't have live plants. I want to order some if anyone knows a good online live plant place.
DoNotDeclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #1907 
denaliwind

Elvis is beautiful! :D Grats on your new guy. If you have paypal, Aquabid is a great place to get plants. :)

This picture, although out of focus (grrr) was just too cute to ignore!
*Meep!*

Duck blows a kiss. ^^
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #1908 
Sweeda88

That's SOOOO stinkin' cute, denaliwind! OMG!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #1909 
DoNotDeclaw

Denaliwind, Duck is so cute blowing the kiss. And yes I do have paypal, that's actually where I got Elvis was on Aquabid. :)
DoNotDeclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #1910 
tokala

I know this is a BOLD statement....but I do believe Duck is the cutest betta ever. Legit.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas