Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #2151 
bettalover2033

Well im sure that he will improve in his finnage give him time. And the male that you have today, i would guess that he is a Multicolor. Your Blue HM is very pretty!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #2152 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Well im sure that he will improve in his finnage give him time. And the male that you have today, i would guess that he is a Multicolor. Your Blue HM is very pretty!

I think he will to, I havn't had him for very long and the little improvements are fantastic.

And thanks for the color identification :)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #2153 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I think he will to, I havn't had him for very long and the little improvements are fantastic.

And thanks for the color identification :)
I suggest using aquarium salt to help grow his fins back. IMO/E aquarium salt is the best thing to use if you really want your fish's tail to grow back quickly. When I used it, I seen Growth beginning he next day.

Your multicolor male is very unique in how his codor pattern works out on his body. You have yourself a very nice guy there.

With the blue Halfmoon, he reminds me so much of my old bettas from the past. He looked exactly like your HM but mine was veil tail. He had the black mask on his face and everything just like yours and I named him Bluu lol. Weird but that was his name.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #2154 
copperarabian

I've been using aquarium salt, hopefully I'll notice improvement soon, these are my first bettas with fin rot (The blue guy has a little too) and I've heard horror story's about it never going away. I also hope none of my halfmoons become tail biters....

I finally managed to get a ok photo of him flaring, unfortunately his dorsal and caudal fin are in front of his tail fin and he's facing away slightly, but I'll work on getting the perfect flare shot of him tomorrow. He seems to always be moving when he flares lol

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #2155 
jaydeashford

Hi! i'm new to this forum and fish keeping in general, I just wanted to share a few photos of my betta - i'm not sure what type he is but I fell in love as soon as I saw him!

Here's a photo of him (I haven't named him yet!) with his female friends :) I do hope they're actually female, I had an accident a few months back when buying fish for my fathers tank. We already had a male betta and so I bought 3 females to add to the tank and make him, um... happier? one of the "females" ultimately turned out to be male and poor Mr Umbra died after a severe case of fin nipping - or fighting! i'll try and get some closer pics of the "females" so if anyone notices that they aren't please let me know!

He's flaring at the ladies quite often and is such an active little fish... I need to name him soon, i've had him for nearly 3 weeks already!
jaydeashford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #2156 
Sweeda88

They're very pretty, but...Males should NEVER be kept with females! It's a terrible idea. In the bottom picture, it looks like the female is scared. You need to separate them.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #2157 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeashford View Post
Hi! i'm new to this forum and fish keeping in general, I just wanted to share a few photos of my betta - i'm not sure what type he is but I fell in love as soon as I saw him!

Here's a photo of him (I haven't named him yet!) with his female friends :) I do hope they're actually female, I had an accident a few months back when buying fish for my fathers tank. We already had a male betta and so I bought 3 females to add to the tank and make him, um... happier? one of the "females" ultimately turned out to be male and poor Mr Umbra died after a severe case of fin nipping - or fighting! i'll try and get some closer pics of the "females" so if anyone notices that they aren't please let me know!

He's flaring at the ladies quite often and is such an active little fish... I need to name him soon, i've had him for nearly 3 weeks already!

Wow um...i dont know where to start. Well they are both beautiful fish and nice tank set up.

You have made a mistake by putting these two genders in one tank without knowing the out come.

You can NEVER put a male and female betta together unless breeding, and even then you have to be very skeptical. If you care about your bettas, then you need to take him out of their tank and separate him from the females.

The male is a combtail and the females are combtails too.

The male will stress the females out and eventually kill them, or the females will do this to the male.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #2158 
ClassicCharm

Here's one of my girlies, Scarlet. She moved into the 10g today that they will all be moving into soon!

ClassicCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #2159 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCharm View Post
Here's one of my girlies, Scarlet. She moved into the 10g today that they will all be moving into soon!

The picture isn't showing
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #2160 
jaydeashford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
They're very pretty, but...Males should NEVER be kept with females! It's a terrible idea. In the bottom picture, it looks like the female is scared. You need to separate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Wow um...i dont know where to start. Well they are both beautiful fish and nice tank set up.

You have made a mistake by putting these two genders in one tank without knowing the out come.

You can NEVER put a male and female betta together unless breeding, and even then you have to be very skeptical. If you care about your bettas, then you need to take him out of their tank and separate him from the females.

The male is a combtail and the females are combtails too.

The male will stress the females out and eventually kill them, or the females will do this to the male.
Oh dear! that's completely the opposite to what I have been told before - I have no intention of breeding them so I shall see what I can do about separating them, perhaps transferring the females into my dad's tank since my tank isn't large enough for a divider!

I thought i'd read up quite a lot since purchasing the fish but it seems there's nothing better than experience, so I appreciate the quick responses!

Why is it that they can't be kept together? they wont fight, will they? I've been going on advice of friends who were supposed to be experienced keepers, and staff at aquatics stores! I didn't intend on making such a rookie mistake but then again it doesn't help when you're given differing accounts of what fish can be housed with what =/
jaydeashford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas