Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #2191 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
No no no, dont get me wrong, NOTHING i wrong with her face. She is amazing.

Wow you really have a thing for dragons dont you?! They are so pretty and so unique in color! And the first dragon female is just amazing! My Favorite!

Alacard is also my favorite male out of your bunch. He looks very mysterious.
I do love dragons, I think they are so pretty as long as they don't have really cloudy eyes. a lot of the bettas I had to choose from where dragons so I was in heaven when I bought these LOL I didn't even look through all the fish because I new if I saw more I liked I would be broke for weeks and wondering where I would put them XD

The breeder had another blue female that was completely blue and all her scales where dragon, she was so pretty but I liked this girl more because she has a little bit of yellow.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #2192 
copperarabian

Here's a better photo of my blue dragon, in last photo I posted of her she is actually stripey so she doesn't look as much like a dragon.

The other female in the photo is the marble fry that I got from NIB betta. These new females are so mellow(They were in a almost bare tank except for a few floating plants and almond leaves and barely nipped) that I can trust them being with my smaller girls in a heavily planted tank.

Sorry for the noise, I had to use 1600 ISO and I cropped a little.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #2193 
Jessabell

Breed him with the dragon female! Imagine the possibilities! :D (sp)
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #2194 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessabell View Post
Breed him with the dragon female! Imagine the possibilities! :D (sp)
Which male and which female? There all dragons lol

I'm going to spawn the copper fire and copper girl next week.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #2195 
copperarabian

I was thinking of breeding the blue dragon with my petco OHM royal blue boy, but I'm unsure if I should breed the guys from petco now.... They have great looking fins though and my OHM multicolor looks amazing.
don't worry, he didn't start biting his tail, it slid through the divider a little on the side and my Plakat Glorfindel nipped him, I fixed that problem immediately.

The multicolor was a HM when I bought him, I guess he just needed to exercise those tail muscles lol

Sorry for the post spam lol I tried to just edit the one above but it was to late....
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #2196 
Squidmagician

copperarabian: Wow, those are some seriously beautiful fish you've got! And I see you have an Alucard too. I love his coloring. So unique!

I got a pretty good shot of our little guy in his new home this afternoon, so I thought I'd share.

Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #2197 
OzarksLady

Both fish are beautiful but that blue is breathtaking! At least to my untrained eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I was thinking of breeding the blue dragon with my petco OHM royal blue boy, but I'm unsure if I should breed the guys from petco now.... They have great looking fins though and my OHM multicolor looks amazing.
don't worry, he didn't start biting his tail, it slid through the divider a little on the side and my Plakat Glorfindel nipped him, I fixed that problem immediately.

The multicolor was a HM when I bought him, I guess he just needed to exercise those tail muscles lol

Sorry for the post spam lol I tried to just edit the one above but it was to late....
OzarksLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #2198 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmagician View Post
copperarabian: Wow, those are some seriously beautiful fish you've got! And I see you have an Alucard too. I love his coloring. So unique!

I got a pretty good shot of our little guy in his new home this afternoon, so I thought I'd share.

Yay! Alucard is awesome, who is your Alucard named after? Mine is named after the Alucard in Hellsing Ultimate :D

Quote:
OzarksLady
Both fish are beautiful but that blue is breathtaking! At least to my untrained eyes.
Thanks! I really like him, don't like solid Bettas as much but I think he's pretty :)
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 AM   #2199 
AnaMD

My female Crisis!!!

I have a female veiled tail beta fish that is five years old now, I got her when she was three years old from a friend and have had her sense then. She lived in a half quart tank for three years, my friend who was dying of terminal cancer was talking to me about Laphonsoe(the betas name) when I told her about me having a 20g tank with a lonely goldfish and she asked me to take her. Her tail was considerably shorter when my friend had her but after a year or so getting used to Geido (my goldfish), her tail got longer and has continued to grow. I don't know if it was because I have housed her in a tank with other fish that are not beta and her eating the mixed fish food. Or if something else occurred that I wouldn't of thought of.
I had her checked out with two different pet stores and they both said she was female, and they didn't understand why her fins are growing. Can any one help me figure out whats happening to her?
Attached Images

AnaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #2200 
Scienceluvr8

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Well, I'm perplexed as to how they arrived at that conclusion, but your betta is unmistakably a male...sorry. Females have no where near as long as fins as your betta does, which is a tell tale sign that it is a he not a she. Regardless, he is a very good looking betta! Its a wonder that he has managed to coexist that long with the goldfish who is not tropical like the betta. (Bettas require their tanks to be at much higher temps than what a goldfish calls for)
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas