Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #2521 
SassyBetta

ok so i saw this guys pic yesterday...... do they really get this green?

i wana be clear this isnt my fish but oh god i wish it was, green is my all time forever fave color.
Attached Images

SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #2522 
fleetfish

Green bettas are the least common irridescent colours, so they do exist, but they're kind of rareish. I really really really wish they weren't!

Just thought I'd update on some pics of my copper CT, Raja.

Here he's all like "peekaboo I see yoooou" *flarage*
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #2523 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBetta View Post
ok so i saw this guys pic yesterday...... do they really get this green?

i wana be clear this isnt my fish but oh god i wish it was, green is my all time forever fave color.
Sassy, it really depends on lighting. My guess is that fish is pretty green with a blueish/turquoise hue to him. My guy Pei Ling is a prime example of what lighting can do to a fish's coloring. Both of these pics are completely accurate to how he looked to the naked eye in the lighting he was in, but he barely looks like the same fish.

Personally I love that about him, he's like a little chameleon. :)
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #2524 
karendawne

my first halfmoon male

Here is a pic of my new halfmoon male, Starfire. I put him in with a female in a jar in the tank this morning, but he does not seem very interested tonight, a little disappointed. I thought he would be building a bubble nest and getting things going, maybe he doesn't like her. LOL.
Karen
Attached Images

karendawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #2525 
ylim37

just wanted to share my betta's

Carlos, my all black crown tail. He only lived for about a year, R.I.P :(

Name:  IMG_0920.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  36.7 KB

R.I.P, Libby, short for Liberty, a cute crown tail I got from Petco. Sadly he accidentally jumped out of his tank, I didn't own him for long

Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  44.6 KB

This is Big Red, I "rescued" him from Petco as a veil tail male, but sometimes I wonder if he is a she. I rescued him because I noticed his back fin was deformed and he couldn't really swim, he would just kind of lay on the bottom and randomly swim to the surface for air. Now he's super happy living in his little betta plant, he sandwiches himself between the leaves near the surface and just lifts his little head to breath.
I've had him for about a year.

Name:  IMG_0933.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0930.jpg
Size:  37.4 KB

This betta doesn't have a name... I guess i just never thought of a good one. I refer to him as my purple betta.

Name:  IMG_0939.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  97.0 KB

This is Silas, a halfmoon male I got from Petco. I hadn't seen a half moon with such large fins before so I had to get him, I took this picture a few days after I brought him home, and his body and fins have grown quite a bit since then. In the photo his fin is split for some reason, I think he did it to himself, but it healed a few weeks later

Name:  IMG_0943.JPG
Views: 251
Size:  94.4 KB

last is my crown tail male, he also doesn't have a name. He is kind of camera shy but in the right lighting he has a nice green body

Name:  IMG_0957.jpg
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0937.jpg
Size:  39.5 KB
ylim37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #2526 
lcjd179

Hello! I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Forgive me, for it appears that I am abusing this Betta.
This is my recently late Betta, Tobi.
I never knew so much about taking care of Bettas, since he was my one and only, until he recently passed.
I had him for 4 years.
Looking at all the other tanks and Bettas in here, I feel embarrassed by my tank.
I can see now that he is far too big for this tank I kept him in.
Yet, I am proud to say I have had him all throughout high school.
lcjd179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #2527 
Leeniex

Ylim37 your "tanks" look wayyy too small! Big Red looks like he's living in a pint of water!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #2528 
Littlebittyfish

My new guy.

I haven't named him yet. Anyone have any name suggestions?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #2529 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
My new guy.

I haven't named him yet. Anyone have any name suggestions?
wow what a great looking boy!his eyes look gold!
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #2530 
Vanah

@ylim37 ~ First off welcome to the forum, I've only been here a few months and I've already learned a lot of new things. I suggest taking a look around at the betta care forum stickies to decide what will work best for you, but you need to re-house your boys. I can see they are all living in tiny bowls or hex "tanks". I don't want to jump down your throat, I know the petstores seem to sell and endless variety of 1/2-gallon and even 1/4-gallon "homes" for betta. The reality is they're just typical capitalist companies making the cheap to produce tanks because they sell fast and easy to people who don't realize their fish would really be so much happier in bigger tanks. Because betta are relatively sturdy and will put up with a LOT of abuse before going belly up, people assume they're "happy". I can assure you though, if you tried putting any of those guys in 2-gallons or even 1-gallon you'd realize how much more personality betta have. If you're short on cash, there are still options for you. Check out the 1-gallon critter keepers. Also just about EVERY pet place sells a version of inexpensive 1-gallon acrylic tank that they call "corner tanks". Their unique semi-triangular shape gives them a small footprint and allows for easy placement if you have limited space. Most people here won't bite your head off, but please consider trying out some larger homes for even just one boy. You'll see the difference. :)

@Icjd179 ~ Welcome to the forum! You are forgiven. At least as far as I'm concerned. The fact that coming here has helped you learn how to care for your fish better is great.

@Littlebittyfish ~ I name most of my pets after my own original characters cause I'm a writer, but really I like Abalone for him. He looks like the iridescent insides of seashells!
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas