Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #2751 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraGarcia1701 View Post
I kept them together only for an hour then Royal (the gold one began showing signs of aggression so I separated them as planned). And yes, I do have a plant in there and I've had numerous bettas before who have had plants in their tanks and they have ALL lived ridiculously long, healthy lives. They can reach the surface and the vase is absurdly large compared to the amount of plant life within it. I've worked in a pet shop and had many many fish before, I know what I'm doing.
pls dont get mad i think most ppl on here just worry about the Betta's...we all want whats best for them. and we all know not to keep 2 males together esp in a small vase and thats what it looked like thats all...and most of the ppl in the petshops around here have no clue about Betta's..
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #2752 
Thesharpestlives

http://

this is Zipper :) my Love :) hes my second betta...seeing as my first died :c R.I.P Timmy :< (i only had timmy 5 hrs....)
and this is seattle, my New addition to the fish family :D

Thesharpestlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #2753 
LionCalie

Quote:
And as a side note the vases are more than a gallon of water and the water doesn't have to be heated for Bettas. In the wild Betta fish live in murky puddles that have a slight amount of water and they basically go from puddle to puddle searching for a mate.
Betta aggression appears when a fish has brighter colors than the other, so forgive me if I tried it out with my white Betta who lacked color with my gold Betta. The white one was completely uncaring in case you were wondering.
You are very incorrect, I suggest you do some research. Google "Betta fish care" and you will find out proper information. Most of the time Betta's live in rice paddies with large territories, not murky puddles. They can survive in those conditions when they have to, but surviving is not thriving. Betta's are TROPICAL fish from Thailand, where the weather is warm and humid for most of the year. They NEED a heater to thrive or be kept in a room with high enough temperature. Putting your males together serves no purpose and I highly recommend you stop doing it before your luck runs out.

Last edited by LionCalie; 11-13-2011 at 03:15 PM.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #2754 
mjoy79

Quote:
And as a side note the vases are more than a gallon of water and the water doesn't have to be heated for Bettas. In the wild Betta fish live in murky puddles that have a slight amount of water and they basically go from puddle to puddle searching for a mate.
Betta aggression appears when a fish has brighter colors than the other, so forgive me if I tried it out with my white Betta who lacked color with my gold Betta. The white one was completely uncaring in case you were wondering.
Your fish are not living in the wild. They are a domesticated breed and are not supposed to be in "survival mode" as a pet. People use the "this is how they are in the wild" excuse so they don't have to actually research what is best for the fish that they have in their possession.
As a side note, I have noticed that just because someone works at a pet store does not necessarily mean they have correct information in regard to proper fish care
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #2755 
majidrace

Here is mine..

majidrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #2756 
ArcticRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidrace View Post
Here is mine..

Uhhhhh....... I don't think that's possible...
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #2757 
Sweeda88

@ Arctic Rain, I think they're dollhouse decorations. They're not real!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #2758 
ArcticRain

@Sweeda88, I know. I found that out right after I posted. That's just the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the picture... It took a while to process. It's late and I'm really tired :)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #2759 
Sweeda88

Oh, okay. LOL. I understand. My brain doesn't work that well at this time of night, either.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #2760 
ArcticRain

Haha, yeah it's been a long day and tomorrow is Monday... Yay......

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas