betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #3231 
bbulino

Heres my other betta Jadorei

And this is Vulkrav
bbulino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #3232 
bbulino

Thanks. I'm surprised at how well he's doing he's eating swimming around his tank pretty good and he's flaring at my other bettas.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #3233 
bettalover2033

I love when they flare! Try getting a flaring picture of him:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #3234 
bbulino

kk ill try to get one
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #3235 
a123andpoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebroadenthusiast View Post
Oh nice! I want to see him! Walmart has them in the worst shape in my area, but I can't help but feel sad when i see them just sitting there. If I wasn't going to dorm I would have a room full of betta tanks!
Yeah our walmart is middle of the road in caring for them. Sometimes they look good other times they don't. I am trying to get pictures. It was actually labeled female but I'm not sure. The few small ones they had seemed to small to sex. I looked at the belly and didn't see an egg spot. But I am pretty sure its a ctpk. I'll post pics tomorrow and see what everyone else thinks! I know what you mean! I can get one more for my 10g and I think I am going to save for an aquabid betta.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #3236 
StarBetta

This is my amazing Rainbow!
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=19143
Lol you guys have NO idea on his personality. Believe me. One day he would be lazy and napping all day and the next day he would be hungry then the next day he would flare at everything then the next day he would act like he just got a water change and finally he would act all energetic. O.o He's my special boy, though. :)
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=19144
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=19142
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=18973
Lol-->
http://www.bettafish.com/picture.php...ictureid=20319
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #3237 
bbulino

Heres the best one i could get Ugh he wouldnt stay still long enough so they all blurred.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #3238 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebroadenthusiast View Post
I got him at PetSmart. They dont have as big of a selection as Petco, but PetSmart's are way healthier, have big cups, and a knowledgeable staff. (at least in central fl) And they are cheap there (I only payed $5 for him and he was marked as HM.)

Our Petco always has a better selection when it comes to bettas.... but the rest of the fish are a different story. Petsmart wins hands down when it comes to tank condition, fish selection and health.

As for staff, our Petsmart makes Petco look sad. The Petsmart here has some real aquarium enthusiast, Petco.... they can't even bag 'em right. I bought a balloon molly last weekend at Petco and the thing dies before I made it to the register. The bag was so loosely tied that the poor thing got caught in the corner and suffocated. I went back to the fish department and had her replace it... then I re-bagged it myself. She looked at me funny and ask if I needed something else, I just told her no, that I was fixing the bag so it didn't kill another fish.
Sometimes I feel like teaching those idiots how to bag properly. I was taught many years ago to always double bag, in opposite directions, tightly packed with air. The person that taught me believed that there should be no corners in the bag for the fish to get caught in, no slack, half water, half air and it should be able to hold up to being dropped. When I ran the fish department at Petsmart I taught everyone that worked for me to do it that way. We had everyone in the store line up and bag some water and then toss them on the floor to test them.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #3239 
Betta Slave

I know I have a thread about this guy already, but... I can't help but show him off. :3 ZAW-boo-zaw. Not zaw-BOO-zaw. XD I'm sorry. That bugs me. XD
Attached Images

Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #3240 
auomauom

here's my brothers double moon tail. He's ready to mate, but female is having second thoughts :[
auomauom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas