Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #3411 
Chard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
He is a very nice fish. Nice color and fairly even butterfly pattern as well!

Though I don't think he is is a dragon. He is a cambodian. Does he carry dragon in him?
He is 4th generation Dragon. It may just be the picture but his body is Gold colored and has Dragon scaling from head to toe. This is a Cambodian.

Last edited by Chard56; 02-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #3412 
JBosley

Fugu and Bento are amazing! I want them haha
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #3413 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuiAndLa View Post
Here is the fishy cave I made. lol

That's so cute/awesome!! You could totally sell those! :) So all you did for the yarn is set it in hot water before putting it in their tank?
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #3414 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
He is 4th generation Dragon. It may just be the picture but his body is Gold colored and has Dragon scaling from head to toe. This is a Cambodian.
Ah I can just see it now. The cambo, has nice finnage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post
My babies :)

First, Sashimi. When I got him from Walmart he had a case of fin rot, but he's ok now. Just taking some time to grow back his fins. :) The new growth looks like it'll be a dark color. :o Excuse the watermarks and such. His home is in the process of being rearranged. :)

Next, Bento. :) A very unique coloration, I think. At some angles, the blue is the dominant color, and at other angles, the yellow is. That makes him especially fun to just watch. And he is constantly displaying at his reflection. :P He just wasn't feeling up to it when I tried to take his photograph tonight. He still loves patrolling the length of his 15g home, so I was able to get some decent shots anyway. :)

Bento is my new guy, taking the place of his unnamed predecessor, who is photographed here:

The poor little guy died just 3 days after I brought him home. The cause is still unknown to me, as all the other fish in that tank are lively and active. I think I'll have a hard time ever finding a betta as beautiful or mild-mannered. He really was a sweet guy.

And, finally, my Fugu :) I really fell in love with his colors and the fact that he seems to be a "dumbo" betta with a "lucky fin" (like Nemo)! He also has reddish-colored eyes and red specks above each eye socket that remind me of eyebrows :P He's just amazing-looking!

I think I have betta fever. :( I'd really love to set up more tanks and get more bettas. I'm sure I'll find room somewhere :P But I will stick with these three fellas for a while first to make sure they stay happy in their current situations :)

I hope you enjoy admiring my lovelies!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3415 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Ah I can just see it now. The cambo, has nice finnage. They are pretty even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post
My babies :)

First, Sashimi. When I got him from Walmart he had a case of fin rot, but he's ok now. Just taking some time to grow back his fins. :) The new growth looks like it'll be a dark color. :o Excuse the watermarks and such. His home is in the process of being rearranged. :)

Next, Bento. :) A very unique coloration, I think. At some angles, the blue is the dominant color, and at other angles, the yellow is. That makes him especially fun to just watch. And he is constantly displaying at his reflection. :P He just wasn't feeling up to it when I tried to take his photograph tonight. He still loves patrolling the length of his 15g home, so I was able to get some decent shots anyway. :)

Bento is my new guy, taking the place of his unnamed predecessor, who is photographed here:

The poor little guy died just 3 days after I brought him home. The cause is still unknown to me, as all the other fish in that tank are lively and active. I think I'll have a hard time ever finding a betta as beautiful or mild-mannered. He really was a sweet guy.

And, finally, my Fugu :) I really fell in love with his colors and the fact that he seems to be a "dumbo" betta with a "lucky fin" (like Nemo)! He also has reddish-colored eyes and red specks above each eye socket that remind me of eyebrows :P He's just amazing-looking!

I think I have betta fever. :( I'd really love to set up more tanks and get more bettas. I'm sure I'll find room somewhere :P But I will stick with these three fellas for a while first to make sure they stay happy in their current situations :)

I hope you enjoy admiring my lovelies!

Wow Fugu looks like he is saying HI in the last picture! Too cute!

Last edited by bettalover2033; 02-25-2012 at 05:18 PM.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #3416 
TuiAndLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
That's so cute/awesome!! You could totally sell those! :) So all you did for the yarn is set it in hot water before putting it in their tank?
Thank you! ^_^

And yes, I just put it in hot water (as suggested on websites that show how to make spawning mops with yarn). The cave was interesting though b/c I put it in near boiling water before realizing... it's plastic! The plastic canvas will melt, so it wasn't in there as long as I'd have liked but.....
TuiAndLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #3417 
Aluyasha

Here is my new rescue, Hong Ki (named after the singer of F.T. Island).

As you can see his fins are very curled. Is there anything I can do to help that?
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #3418 
minimrshmll0

Awe thankyou :D He is pretty young too & I love his blue.
It doesnt show up in pics, but in some light he has a violet
highlight to his fins. I also have matching gravel n.n He blends
right in! Its so cool :D My sorority has pink/purple gravel to
match my pink/red/blue/green girls ^.^

minimrshmll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #3419 
SacredSeaMonkey

I'm completely new to Betta's..well fishes in general so here is my Betta. Still in the Wal-Mart cup waiting for the water to stabilize which should be in the next day or so. Just got done putting it together actually x_x. I brought him out from the confines of my closet to show him the new aquarium and he became very active and well...it took me a little bit to get a good, clear picture of him due to his sudden burst of energy.

SacredSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #3420 
catlantic

Smile my newest baby

This is Amare. Named after the Latin word for love.

Name:  Fishy.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  26.5 KB
catlantic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas