Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #4551 
Viva

My newest addition from Petco yesterday. They had soooo many beautiful bettas there, they must've just gotten a shipment in. It was really hard to choose but I knew I wanted an HMPK so it narrowed it down quite a bit. I almost got a blue/purple EE HMPK but instead, to my surprise, I chose a salamander/red colored one. I'm usually not fond of that color but this one stood out to me because of it's pretty white outline. I almost chose a lovely yellow HMPK with some black marbling and there were ALOT of gorgeous HMDT's, which are my favorite tail type because of their huge finnage. Anyways, this is my new betta. Haven't thought of a name but I love his white upper lip and his half-red pectoral fins. I did notice either an injury or deformity in his right pelvic fin but idk if its noticable in the pictures. It doesn't have the white tip like the left one, it's considerably shorter, and looks curled at the bottom (first pic).

It was hard getting pics of him because hes so shy and staying at the back of the tank...still getting used to his surroundings.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #4552 
Viva

Just got a better pic:

Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #4553 
paris38

He is cute!I need to figure out how to post pictures:)
paris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #4554 
Litlover11

Here is my new crowntail! I saw him today at petsmart and I just fell in love! He is pretty shy, but he is probably still getting used to his new home. I don't have a name yet, and any suggestions are welcome. I thought about naming him Valentine, but that might be too cheesy
Name:  P1010039.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  58.5 KBName:  P1010043.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  57.2 KB
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #4555 
Hadoken Kitty

So, I was doing some quick water changes and I wanted to show you guys what I mean by Odahviing being bigger than Dovahkiin. Primarily in body size.
Attached Images

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #4556 
Viva

Nice comparison photo. My new hmpk has a HUGE body and my new HM is teeny tiny.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #4557 
Hadoken Kitty

Thank you! I noticed that Dovahkiin flares at his own reflection, but he refuses to flare at Odahviing. My boyfriend says it's because he's scared he'll get the tar beat out of him. It's terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh, since Odahviing was flaring like a mad man.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #4558 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Thank you! I noticed that Dovahkiin flares at his own reflection, but he refuses to flare at Odahviing. My boyfriend says it's because he's scared he'll get the tar beat out of him. It's terrible, but I couldn't help but laugh, since Odahviing was flaring like a mad man.
LOL! It's probably true!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #4559 
KwLDeL

My new betta

Can someone tell me the type of beta he is just by this picture? Also I have my betta in a 2 gallon tank he is very small I would like to know first is there any way to tell my fish's age and second will he grow and if so at what rate and how can I help him grow? Sorry also how can I tell his gender.? Thanks and Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share their knowledge.
Attached Images

KwLDeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #4560 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwLDeL View Post
Can someone tell me the type of beta he is just by this picture? Also I have my betta in a 2 gallon tank he is very small I would like to know first is there any way to tell my fish's age and second will he grow and if so at what rate and how can I help him grow? Sorry also how can I tell his gender.? Thanks and Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share their knowledge.
He looks like a bicolor double tail. I don't really know the colors...maybe copper and red? I'm bad with colors.

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas