Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #4981 
sudiptheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Well his species is betta splendens but I think you mean tail type and color? He looks like he could be a halfmoon tail but you can't tell unless he's flaring and has his fins totally spread. If he's not a HM (180 degree spread) then he's definitely a super delta.
Also his body type looks like Paradise in your picture.
sudiptheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #4982 
shadowazure

This is Purcey. Royal blue Veil Tail.
Attached Images

shadowazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #4983 
BDFish

first time betta fish keeper

Just fed him and he started posing for some pics
Attached Images

BDFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #4984 
BDFish

Forgot this one
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #4985 
TurtleBarb

He's here!

This is Asta. I'm so excited to finally have a fish after nearly a decade break from the hobby.
Attached Images

TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #4986 
EmmaBlake

SO many beautiful betta!! Here is my boy Marvin -

Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 279
Size:  51.0 KB
EmmaBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #4987 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptheone View Post
Thanks Viva. He has a full 180 degree spread. So will you tell me some more about super deltas? Does he look OK? I mean healthy. I was feeding him mosquito last day. He was enjoying that very much. Also he is making bubbles all over the surface. Is it normal ?
Yes he looks very healthy. His color is vibrant and his fins are in very good condition. I'm not sure the difference really between Super delta and delta tails, but super delta means it ALMOST has a 180 degree spread, so it can't be considered a halfmoon. Male bettas make bubble nests at the surface of the water - it means they are preparing for a female and her eggs/fry. This doesn't necessarily mean he's happy (although from the picture he certainly does look happy), some bettas make nests when they're on their death-leaf :) Live foods are good to feed bettas, I'm sure they love mosquito/mosquito larvae! Try to get some pellets though because they contain the necessary vitamins and minerals bettas need. Feeding only live food is good but you need to know what vitamins are in each and feed them a variety so their needs are met. Live and frozen foods are usually fed for treats and pellets are used as their staple diet.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #4988 
Bizzycakes

Beautiful fish everyone!! BD your ct is amazing O_O That finnage makes me giddy XD

I'm not real sure if anyone will remember when I posted this little guy on here

Well someone commented that he would live up to his name of Loki a little more than expected and boy were they right =D

He's lost nearly all of his white except on the tips of his fins and they are spattered with black which I was convinced for a while was fin rot but never went away and never got worse >.< He's still my lovely little boy though despite his transformation!!

I also picked up a little girl I named Lulu who for a while I wasn't sure was going to make it but in the end she's in great health now after getting a little love =]

I'm not sure what was wrong with her face if they were ammonia burns or what but its nearly cleared up now she still has some discoloration but its nowhere near as bad. She's next to impossible to photograph as soon as she notices I'm looking at her she starts wanting to play chase the finger and just wiggles around and is adorable XD

On a sad note however, Saturday I went to petco to pick up some rabbit food... And Lord knows I had to look at the bettas =\ I found this little guy who I named Orion and couldn't leave him there. Unfortunately, he passed away yesterday due to unknown reasons =[ He was fine Wednesday eating and swimming then... well you know =[

Bizzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #4989 
BDFish

Thanks Bizzycakes! Found him at the back of the shelf at Walmart of all places. You have got some pretty good looking finnage going on as well
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #4990 
Taeanna
Reference Team

I had uploaded a picture of Kaida back when I first got him. As you can see he has really blossomed. Gone through one growth spurt and is half way through another. At this rate he will be nothing but a tank full of fins.

This black and white little gentleman is my new arrival, still in his quarantine tank. Still don't have a name picked out just yet. Honestly I have never met a more chill fish. I have the tanks side by side to get used to each other and he just wiggles and has a nap instead of flares.
Attached Images

Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas