Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #11 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Sororities are tricky because it all comes down to the individual fish. If you have one girl getting picked on really bad the agression isnt spread out enough and its possible 2 girls have decided to "join forces" and go after the weakest in the tank. Thats when you need to add more females! !
Well Opal will randomly get swim bladder issues and she's doing better. Ceylon will chase after Maybelline as well but Maybelline is actually really relaxed about the whole thing and doesn't seem to be messing with anyone. She knows how to swim super fast!
I'm debating on getting another girl just to make sure that everyone does well together. That means getting another 2.5 tank and heater -_-
Roemgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #12 
Roemgie

Ok so I'm at petco now and found two females that I would love to take home. I only have enough extra tanks for 4 and if I got a fifth one it would be someone small anyway. Temporary of course but I don't know if I should get two or one and now I cannot decide which girl to bring home...and petco is an hour from my college...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #13 
Shadyr

One of my girls had the same issues as yours - she was showing marked SBD symptoms after a couple days in the sorority. The first time I took her out of the big tank for a few days until she was swimming normally again. It happened again a few days after I returned her to the big tank, but not as extreme as the first time...a slight floatiness as opposed to "Stuck at the top." The second time I just kept an eye on her but left her in the big tank. After a couple days the symptoms went away and have not returned.

These things can be overcome
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #14 
Roemgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
One of my girls had the same issues as yours - she was showing marked SBD symptoms after a couple days in the sorority. The first time I took her out of the big tank for a few days until she was swimming normally again. It happened again a few days after I returned her to the big tank, but not as extreme as the first time...a slight floatiness as opposed to "Stuck at the top." The second time I just kept an eye on her but left her in the big tank. After a couple days the symptoms went away and have not returned.

These things can be overcome
Thank you for answering! She seems ok, when I feed them it gets worse so I've been trying to feed her food into the water so she doesn't have as much chance to gulp air. Part of me wants to move her but she seems ok where she is and I don't have as much plants in my 5 where she could get under and avoid floating to the top. But if you think its best for me to let her in my 5 gallons for a few days then I will gladly move her (especially since I have two new girls).

I also noticed that when she could swim normally she would be going around the tank fine but when she made it to the top she wasn't really straight. So I don't know if she just has issues after the whole stress of her eye thing or just right now from being in a new tank she has lots of issues? Who knows but do you think I should just be watching her and only move her if it gets worse?

Also I'd like to say I'm glad your girl hasn't had any more problems and that your sorority is going awesome!!

Last edited by Roemgie; 04-15-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding