Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #1 
Domination66

whats a good tank?

My betta fish named swimmy is 3-4 years old and isnt looking so good. Not swimming and only coming up for air. she is grey and not blue, and is on her side and vertical. :( i read on here to use epsom salt and use it for 10 days. but anyway, i also read that my 1.5 gal bowl is too small. i also dont have a heater or any lights. Is this tank any good?
http://www.petco.com/product/10313/A...um%20Kit-10313

or a 10 gal all glass aqueon tank with an incandescent hood and bulb, quietflow filter.

or a 10 gal all glass aqueon tank with a full spectrum fluorescent hood and bulb, quietflow filter, with a 50 watt heater.

do you have any other full setup tanks for under 60 bucks or super close? or maybe a cheap build. if my beta does end up dieing i will want to get around 6 small fish or another betta so i wouldnt want to change filters or heaters or anything. also do i need an air pump? (whatever that is) thank you so much.
Domination66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #2 
Lostiethatlikesherbetta

I would go to petsmart. if its for one girl then get a 5 gal. all glass. their only like 18.99$. a good heater is a mini heater which is about $20 and then plus decorations (lots of leaves, hiding places and stuff) it will come to about 70-80 $. you dont really need a filter if your doing enough water changes.. (which for a 5 gallon is 1-2 50% changes a week and 1 100% change every two weeks)
try using aquarium salts instead. i hope your girly makes it! keep me posted! i personally wouldnt get the tank in the link...
Lostiethatlikesherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #3 
ryancalif

delete

Last edited by ryancalif; 04-13-2013 at 12:32 AM.
ryancalif is offline   Reply With Quote