Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #21 
Tamsin

Unfortunately Dante passed away yesterday..
We aren't sure hot it happened but he developed a nasty cotton-like fungus on his fins and became very sick.
I will post a proper memorial for my little guy in some time when it's easier to think about..
SIP Dante
Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #22 
Snoeflayke

Oh no! I'm so sorry!
He was beautiful, and I know he was very happy when he was with you.
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

wait i got little confused between all posts. Did both of them died Tauro and Dante?
Any time you have sick fish you need to be very careful and do not share anything between them, because you contaminating the other. You really need to disinfect the tank and everything in the tank now if you going to put another betta in there.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

I was worry for your other fish so i tried to look up your threads, and i think i understood that only Dante died. I hope Tauro don't have any symptoms, i hope you dind't share anything between Dante and Tauro. Now unfortunately you learned the hard way, anytime that you bring anything live even plants always quarantine it just to make sure it not sick and don't contaminate your tank. I actually also think that it was the snail who contaminate the tank. I agree with LittleBlueFishlets who gave you advice in your previous thread.
But then i am wondering if you not experienced how you can now if snails is sick. I personally would not know because i never had snails. I guess next time you want a snail find out how you know if it healthy and how long you need to quarantine it. I have 10 bettas and i would like the snail but i am petrified to have one for the same reason that you had.
Let us know if you need instructions on disinfection.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #25 
Tamsin

Yes, only Dante passed. Tauro is as active as anything and doing fine.

I won't be bringing new anything into Tauro's tank from now. I'm way to scared for this to happen again.
Dante's tank has become a mouse-house for one of my mice. I can't bring myself to replace Dante with another fish yet - if ever. I think I'm much more suited to mammals than fish.

Thank you for your advice & concern. I have definitely learned the hard way why it's important to QT.
Tamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #26 
ANHEL123

well it very sad but you know you can't see it this way. Betta can get sick anytime no matter how right you take care of them. I have 10 of them and i have one that is 5 years old (almost) and i have one that died at age 2. So if you in this hobby you need to understand it . We give them life and our love. And we try our best to help them when they sick. I remember my very first betta died at age about 1.2 year old. I was sad but just want to save another betta and i just want to the store and now i have 10 lol.
I would recommend to have emergency kit at home for your betta. At least if you don't want to spend money for the medications you can just have aquarium and epsom salt just in case you need it.
I hope Tauro doing well