Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #1 
Elsewhere

Red face Anyone Else?

Hello there! I am kind of desperate right now. I don't know a single soul out there that relates with at least one of my hobbies *coughobsessionscough* and I thought I should check here to see if anyone else shares my interests. Anyone. Like, ANYONE.

And here they are! God this is sad XD

Greek Mythology (meaning everything. I know literally 95% of all Greek Mythology stories. I can name almost every God.)
Norman Bates/ Psycho
Hannibal Lecter and anything to do with him (Books, movies, TV series, documentaries)
Reading
Writing
Horror
Horror Movies
Gore
Gore Movies
Horror/Gore books
Murder Mystery books

These are the things that I find it hardest for people to be interested in. This will probably backfire later, but I am considerably tired of talking about Anime and dolphins (don't ask).

EDIT*** I accidentally forgot to capitalize an *I*. I am also a huge grammar Nazi :P
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #2 
thekinetic

I like greek mythology, really anything having to do with theology and lore. Actually I read something interesting concerning kodama, dryads, ghillie dhu, and other mythos. What's astounding is there are a grand total of 370 greek god/goddess', you can find a list here: http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/lis...goddesses.html

They pretty much had a deity for everything!

As far as reading and writing, yes. I write but have been on a huge block lately and haven't. And I do read a lot, you should see my bookshelf!O_o And yes I do read horror particularly Lovecraft and King.

As for movies I like classic horror and some of the newer stuff but I'm not a fan of gore, I feel like it is a cheap scare sort of like jump moments. Now when they can combine the sublety of mood setting and creepy feel and then add some gore, like the ever classic Night of the Living Dead, then you've got a great horror film.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #3 
Elsewhere

I absolutely love that site, I go on there all the time! I meant the main gods above, I probably should have been more clear... No matter how many books you have or how long you study it there is ALWAYS something new! Yes, deities galore!

I've never heard of Lovecraft and King, I'll have to look it up! My mother is trying to get me to read Stephen King, but I'm not a huge fan of reading 1100 pages of description with maybe two "scary" parts mixed in...

I really just like all of it. I don't know why, it all just seems interesting to me. Night of the Living Dead was AMAZING!

Thank you for responding, it's really good to know that I'm not alone in my obsessions!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #4 
thekinetic

Really you've never heard of HP Lovecraft? The other was Stephen King, but now that reread my post it was a little confusing.

King's books are just well written, he's all about setting the mood before unleashing the scary. Lovecraft is even more well written but with a more constant creep to his books. You could also try Dean Koontz which I've heard is pretty good.

Romero was very good at making horror. However he is not the only one, much in the same tradition Rob Zombie made few truely twisted movies. House of 1000 Corpses freaked me out!O_O

No problem at all, most find these types of things too weird. :)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #5 
GoodMorning

I do find ancient history very interesting. I love the story of Gilgamesh, the ancient land of Mesopotamia, the time of Plato, Aristotle, and Constantine, the time of Cornelius, the story of zeus, the hindu dieties, the origins of the Kuran, the thousand and one arabian nights, the story of Confucius, the Paleolithic period, the Gothic period.......man, i learned too much in school that i forgot the chronological order of things.

Not too much into reading and writing, i'd rather watch a video about something than read it. Not really into horror and gore, i love vampires, though. Not really into movies unless i'm watching it with friends, families, etc.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #6 
veggiegirl

I really love reading and would love to be an author one day
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

I'm into horror/gore movies xD i make horror art also~

I usually talk about walruses :3 they sho awshum~
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #8 
Elsewhere

@TheKinetic: I've heard of HP Lovecraft (never read anything) but I thought that may have been a series! I love Dean Koontz, though I've only read maybe two books. I too love Rob Zombie films, but I've never seen that one... My friend mentioned it and now I'll have to take a look!

@GoodMorning: I love most ancient history as well! I just don't like "Native Studies" as my school has just made it so uninteresting and forced upon us... I prefer to read, as I find the information more accurate and detailed :)

@Veggiegirl: Yes, being an author would be amazing! But first I would have to finish my book... Haha! What do you write about?

@betta_lover1507: Yes, Walruses are quite amazing!

Gosh, look at all of the people out there! :)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #9 
Tigersoul101

I'm talented creative writer and unlike most kids in shcool I spend my time writing random poems, fan-fics, and other random things!

I am also writing a book that I hope to publish one day... Although it's been almost 2 years and I keep re-wrting the prolouge....
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #10 
veggiegirl

horses (my passion) and fantasy.........
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote