Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #1 
tngirl92

Parli is Doing Great!

Just wanted to post a quick update on Parli. I had been frantically posting all week trying to diagnose him for a clear sickness. He began to lose his color, get red streaky, and drop scales like crazy. I ultimately thought it was similar to columnaris and a gill infection, and began treating him for a bacterial infection with Maracyn and Maracyn 2. Today is the last day of treatment, and Mr. P has gotten most of his color back, isn't clamping his fins, and is eating like a little piggy! I'm so proud, happy, and relieved that he seems to be getting better. This Sunday will be our two week anniversary together, and they say the first two weeks are the most crucial for bringing home a new petstore fish. I hope we will have several happy years together! May sound silly, but Parli has brought immeasurable joy to my otherwise stressful college life and I'm happy he has pulled through whatever illness was troubling him.

Doesn't he look cute?
Attached Images

tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

It is great to hear that Parli is doing so well!!!!!!!!!!! What you said about him bringing you so much joy does not sound silly at all. Bettas make wonderful companions, just getting up in the morning and looking at my guys brightens my day. They make me happy
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #3 
tngirl92

After his treatment finished, I renovated his tank with fresh gravel and a new plant. He is so much better, flaring at himself and coming up to the surface when I open the tank for his breakfast and dinner! He is not skittish anymore and loves to watch me and my roommate and our guests. It's adorable, I love my little Parli! I've caught the betta bug and I already want a female. Over the summer, I may upgrade Parli to a five gallon and get another fish!
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

What wonderful news I am so happy he is so much better , he is adorable and I know how you feel I am the same way with Perseus he brightens up each day and has brought so much joy to my life also !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote