Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #1 
Uminofukami

Meet Rembrandt and a small request of help

Hello everyone, I am new here and figured I would start by introducing you to the betta my room mate and I acquired last week. He is my second betta (first one died several years ago, though), and he is quite happily set up in our 20 gallon aquarium though does not seem to know what to make of the school of false juliis in with him.

I do have a question, however, as to his coloring. He is a halfmoon betta and when we got him he had a black face and front half that went into a dark teal with a red dot on his back and a red stripe through his dorsal fin and slight clear-white in the tips of his fins as you can see below. Now he is darker and is turning a dark blue, though the red dot, red stripe, black head and white tipping on the fins have remained. Any idea what sort of coloring pattern he is?

Thanks for any clues and I'm happy to be here and won't be surprised if my room mate also joins the board soon. ^_^

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Kati...tml?sort=2&o=0 (cannot seem to get the image to imbed, it just shows a little broken picture icon)

Last edited by Uminofukami; 04-14-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Uminofukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #2 
konstargirl

He might be a delta tail???? He's gorgeous though.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #3 
Uminofukami

There we go! I think I got it :D
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

He's beautiful! He may be a marble, they are very unpredictable and their colors change, sometimes throughout their whole lives
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 
Uminofukami

I hadn't thought about the possibility of him being a delta, but I've seen some pictures and am definitely not sure on the halfmoon status now! So he's definitely one or the other.

And I'd wondered if he might be a marble! I guess time will tell, we'll definitely take more pictures as time goes on and hopefully I can get some that aren't quite so blurry.

Thanks everyone! :D
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That is a very awesome name and I completely approve of it, I'm totally not biased because I also named my HM Rembrandt....lol That's too funny. I saw your other thread where you said Remy and I was just like....no way!
I say Remmy though because I like the longer name :D He's a gorgeous fish though! As far as his tail I would say you'd probably have to wait until he flares, I thought my Remmy was a delta tail for a while and just labeled incorrectly because he never flared so I never got to see it in action. But once he did it was blatant that he was an HM, however the tips of his tailfin are rounded which gives me the impression he might just be a very nice Delta Tail :D
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote