Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #1 
GemmaBetta

Exclamation New Betta friends?

I recently purchased a betta from my local pet store. What started as going to get a goldfish and a simple bowl ended up being $75 and a new 10 gallon tank for a spoiled little betta. I'd really like to add to my new tank and was wondering what fish can move in with my Gem? I know they can't be colorful or big, but other than that I'm quite clueless. This is only my 2nd betta, and I only had the first for a matter of months...

*Additional Details: It is a 10 gallon cycled tank, with a filter and heater. The tank is kept at a constant 76 degrees, and I have, obviously, plants and hiding places. My betta is fed 2-3 pellets every other day.
Attached Images

GemmaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #2 
Lostiethatlikesherbetta

i would get a few more hiding spots and 4-7 neon tetras. they work really welll in a ten gallon with bettas.
Lostiethatlikesherbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi there your tank is very nice ! I dont know about what fish you can put in with you but you could add and apple snail. Might I ask why you only feed your Betta every other day ? I think most feed their guys and girls every day with a day off once a week. What works well for my guy is 3 pellets in the morning and 3 or 4 at night. The pellets I use are New Life Spectrum and they are tiny thats why he gets so many. What type of food does your guy eat ?
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #4 
GemmaBetta

Thank you! I feed him aqua culture professional pellets every other day because he is a smaller fish, and throws them back up and becomes constipated if I feed him anymore. He's quite the little pig so he's easily over fed. :)
GemmaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote