Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1 
Skyewillow

Minions in Need: Betta Edition.

I've done this for a rescue rabbit with some success, so I figured I'd try it here:

Sometimes, just to help out the rescues, I will make a plushie of an animal being sheltered in that facility. When this plushie sells (and it usually goes for more than my usual plushies of that size), the money from the sale (minus shipping) get donated directly to that rescue/shelter to continue helping animals in need.

I've decided that I want to do one to help out MoonShadow's rescue, and this does two things. Spreads the legacy of my rabbit Minion, who saved my quality of life, and also helps out MoonShadow, without her hard work and dedication, who knows where a lot of those bettas, including our Norbert, would be.

So this post is putting out some feelers, would anyone be interested in purchasing a plush to help MoonShadow Betta Rescue? If there's enough demand, I'll do two.

Thank you for your time.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #2 
Fenghuang

If I could find a way to get you the money, I definitely would be interested in purchasing one.

If you do decide to make them, could I mail you the money?
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #3 
Skyewillow

Another alternative that I was going to offer is a plush of the customer's betta, and the money would go to MoonShadow's rescue. This would be an ideal option to get a plush of a personal pet and help rescue bettas at the same time.

Feng, you could just mail the $30 to MoonShadow, I'll cover the shipping to you or Pandoras (depending on where you want it to go, because I have that other stuff for you two), I'd just have to wait for her confirmation that it arrived before I ship. ^_^
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #4 
Fenghuang

That sounds great. Do let me know if/when you're making these Minions in Need plushies! :D
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #5 
Skyewillow

if you want to nominate a fish for a plush, Feng, I will do one up.

I can only do a couple of these though, fleece is expensive.

So, I will do 2 custom orders for $30, where the proceeds will go to MoonShadow's Betta Fish Rescue.

I know that's more than I usually do them for, but it's for a good cause.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #6 
Skyewillow

is anyone else even remotely interested in this?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #7 
justmel

I would be skye. I won't be able to get one for awhile, but I would be interested. Have you ever tried a CT? I'd love to be able to get a plush of my rescue from MoonShadow, Patrick.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #8 
Skyewillow

here's the CT I've done ^_^:
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #9 
justmel

I showed the picture to my son, and although he doesn't know he's getting Patrick yet he would like a red one like Patrick. NO rush though. It will be at least a month before I can actually get him.

An idea that might help move these and get a little more $ to support MoonShadow just popped into my head. She offers people to sponsor her fish now and when they sponsor they get certain things to show the fish they are supporting. I believe she does this for a $20 donation. What about having the option to support a betta for more than $20 and getting a plushie of your sponsored betta as well.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #10 
Skyewillow

great idea, for a sponsorship of $25 or more, I can do a plush of the sponsored betta.

Also, I've decided that when an adopter orders a plush of their MoonShadow Rescue betta, $10 of that sale goes to MoonShadow's Betta Fish Rescue to help continue to spread Betta Fish awareness!

Last edited by Skyewillow; 04-15-2013 at 09:19 AM.