Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #151 
Mahsfish

Wow mine are 9 weeks to and are still minuscule. I haven't seen them for a week and a half so hopefully they have grown lots since then but haven't picked fights. They are getting powered pellets in the morning and me at night. No water changes though.

Wetspot was great. But no bettas to bring home. Best LFS I've been to. Rows of crystal clean tanks and great variety. Bettas looked young and I could find all the wilds so I didn't get any
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #152 
logisticsguy

Yes that wetspot looks like quite the place. The Lake Malawi cichlid selection is incredible. I may be ordering online there are some fish Im really interested in getting. If anyone has a giant hm female please let me know. Humphrey is so lonely and all my girls just freak when they are near him no matter how much conditioning it seems.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #153 
Mahsfish

I know you probably wouldn't use them for breeding. And I have no idea how big he is but riverfront had some really big delta and maybe hm females I was there last time.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #154 
Mahsfish

I wanted to take a picture to show you guys but couldn't. If you look on the website though the pics of the tanks are 2 separate parts in the store. So that many tanks. Plus in the back they have tanks for breeding, I took a peek but it was employees only so I couldn't tell what fish. I really want some endlers now though after seeing them in person. I'm always on AB looking at them. I'm thinking of breeding guppies with a striving goal. Starting with a good looking male and female from an LFS and I will cull and select breeder stock for biggest fun age and best coloring to better understand genetics to help with bettas aswell
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #155 
logisticsguy

We measured Humphrey yesterday because ever since he started getting used to pellets his appetite increased and he is eating 20+ nls betta pellets a day and it looked like he was growing again. So he is a little over 5 inches mouth to penuncle which is about 1 inch growth since we got him.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #156 
Mahsfish

Dang. Ok nvm. He's massive
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #157 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Wow. That's a big fish. How big is his tank?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #158 
logisticsguy

He has his own 25g tank now he picked up some growth after the move from a 10g. I found a female who seems pretty good with Humphrey at least some flirting and she didn't get stress stripes.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #159 
Mahsfish

Nice. And I know you guys probably won't be as excited but I'm getting a pair of blue gene jack Dempseys. 5" right now CJ same as your betta haha.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #160 
logisticsguy

Blue gene Jack Dempseys are gorgeous Mah. You would not believe how hard its been to try and get my giant to breed argg. I think I will have to order a giant female or 2 from Thailand to get this to work. My giant girl just loved him but my regular HM females just too scared it seems. Ive tried 6 different girls with no luck. Likely much better in the long run to get another good giant girl anyways.

The spawns are in good shape and I will post pics of the fry soon. Some of the lower quality fry have already been sold at the store but Ive kept the better ones for possible breeders.