Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #191 
trilobite

I didnt see any downgrading of fish, infact he even said "Not trying to downgrade your fish CJ just notifying others"
He just gave a handy tip for seeing what traits a fish is carrying eg their eye sign
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #192 
Mahsfish

Thanks tri I appreciate it very much.

I am sincerely sorry if any one felt insulteby my words I defintently did not mean to. Maybe it is just the interpretation difference betweeny saying it in a sincere tone and reading it in your own interpretation of my tone
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #193 
whatsupyall

Regardless of what Mahsfish's intentions are, this thread is not the place to be giving tips and notifications of what show quality should be. It's a spawn log carrying into classified, and therefore, those comments seem rude in my opinion because it's on this very thread where people are showing interests in buying fish, yet are informed AND misinformed of unnecessary information that were not asked for. And like wild bettas mentioned, this is not the first time, therefore, I felt I needed to speak up. If Mahsfish seriously want to help, there's a section on this forum called 'show bettas'. Post your thoughts and concerns there about show bettas, I'm sure it would be better appreciated there.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #194 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted on this thread but I don't believe Mahsfish meant any harm. Let's continue to discuss the spawn and stay away from critiquing or discussing if a fish is show quality or not.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #195 
Mashiro

Any updates?
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #196 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd also like to hear some updates. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #197 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Any updates for us?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #198 
Mahsfish

Ill join the the group of people asking for updates. Hahah. Hope all is well
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #199 
Flare101

Definitely am in need of an update. This is what keeps my attention these days. :) Great fish, sir. Really like them all.
Flare101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #200 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare101 View Post
Definitely am in need of an update. This is what keeps my attention these days. :) Great fish, sir. Really like them all.

Thanks Flare101 Yeah sorry so long for updates just crazy busy.

So had 143 fry to start. I messed up early over fed bbs in critical stage and have 9 permanent sbd victims. I was going to cull them but couldn't do it cuz despite the disability they were otherwise healthy. We put them in their own tank. its pretty deep and has a strong flow so the little guys have to swim hard. this has become one of my favorite tanks the fry all swim like they have a stone attached to their bottoms but they are a blast to watch and are as cute as can be.

Ive had 3 die since hatch. 100 fry were sold at local pet store, 11 were sold to members here leaving 29 fry left in the grow out. I will keep 2 males and 4 females around for possible breeding an f3. There are still a few nice ones left but quite a few of the remaining fry have a lousy tail, odd color patches or generally un photogenic.

Every spawn is a learning experience and learned lots since the start of this spawn. The fry are really smart and training them via food has been easy. I will try to get some pics of the remaining bunch up tonight. Raising fry is a big job but I honestly love looking after them.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote