Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #1 
justmel

In need of females

I know that this is likely to turn up nothing, but thought I'd try it. I'm trying to set up a 29 gallon sorority, but need a lot more ladies to fill it. I'm looking for 10 ladies, at least. Fin type and color do not really matter at this point. Although yellow, orange, green, or white would be nice. I can pick up in the Hampton/Newport News area of Virginia, maybe even some of the surronding areas like Norfolk or Williamsburg. Any chance there's some breeders in the area on here?
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #2 
bniebetta

have you thought about having them shipped? I know that there are some breeders that could give you 5 or 6 for cheap and ship them all at once.... this doesn't really guarantee variety, buuuuttt :p
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #3 
justmel

I don't mind having them shipped. In a 29 gallon sorority I'm going to end up with a few looking a like anyway, so that is not a huge deal either. I was just mentioning that I could pick up in this area. Guess I should have included that I'm will to expedited shipping too.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

I know there are a few breeders on facebook that will sell their "pet quality" females for very low prices! I just got 6 gorgeous girls for $30 including shipping from a breeder named Kayla Griffen! She's super nice! You can look up blackwater bettas, I don't know if she has girls now but she will also sell her pet quality girls cheap. Karen Mac Auley is another but she only ships express so it can get pricey!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #5 
justmel

Thanks MoonShadow! I will have to look into that. I don't mind the express. I think I'd rather pay for that than have my fish take 3 days to get here. To much time to worry then.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #6 
AyalaCookiejar

I'll point out that Bettascapes.com on facebook is selling females for $5 each, but 4 get one free! (Not including shipping, though.)

You get random ones but breeder girls are usually healthier than pet store girls even after shipping and bettascapes has also posted a video of the girls so you can see the variety! They are HMs.

Just an idea - I know I would take advantage of that deal if I had room, lol.

Edit: bettascapes works with a member here, too: Polukoff. They are very nice and have great fish.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #7 
justmel

Thank you Ayala! That is a great help. I have a lot of betta pages added to my FB, but I need to make sure Bettascapes is one of them.