Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #1 
NozzALa

Hey everybody.

Hey guys, I've had my Betta since Christmas of 2012, and just got more and more into Betta keeping since then. His name is Lupin and I have him in a 3 gallon tank right now, it's the one you can find at Walmart with the under gravel filter. He looks like the one on the front page of the forum, just with more purple in the body and blue stripes in his fins. I'll get some pictures up when I can. He's been thriving since we got him and contrary to what I read about most Bettas, seems to thrive in all conditions, not that I don't keep his tank pristine, haha.

I decided when I have some extra money that I'm going to start a new setup and get one more Betta, so yeah, I guess I've become a full fledged Betta enthusiast. The forum looks awesome, I look forward to learning more as I go along.

Last edited by NozzALa; 04-15-2013 at 12:14 PM.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #2 
shellieca

Weclome to the forum & the Betta addiction.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #3 
NozzALa

Haha thanks. I never even thought about it. My girlfriend suggested we get one on Christmas and bam, realized it was going to be a huge hobby of mine from now on.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #4 
shellieca

Yeah, I started with 1 a little more than a year ago . . . now I have 6 males in individual tanks & 11 Females in a 46g tank. Every time I go to the store I have to look at the poor pitiful Bettas & then fight the urge to bring home another one. UGH!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #5 
NozzALa

Yeah, I know what you mean. I work night shift at Walmart and got mine from there. I can't do anything but I always check the Betta bowls and if they're not in good shape I take it and set it at the fish 'station' so whoever manages the area knows it needs taken care of.