Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #1 
Deep sea

Exclamation Help!! Do my fish get sick?

This is Little purple fish,he is a male Betta fish.I had him about two week now.
I am not sure,but one part of his body seems to have big white mark(??) or a brighter part as compare to other part? Is this a narture color?

I am worrying about he get sick and start to lose color.But, he didn't look sick,he eat a lot and swim around with a happier look.And, he made some bubble on the water suface,is this normal? Thank for the help!!

Housing
What size is your tank? 1.25 G
What temperature is your tank? 75-80 degree
Does your tank have a filter? Yes,but I only have it on about 1-2 hours every day
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? air stone
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Two plant: Riccia and one I don't know

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Batte Bio-Gold,San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Brine Shrimp,Zoo Medô Betta Dial-A-Treat,Tetra Min-tropical flakes

How often do you feed your betta fish? 4-5 pellets Batte Bio-Gold once a day,normal week day. Frozen Shrimp once a week.Betta Dial-A-Treat,2-3 time a week,as a treat.Tetra Min-tropical flakes,new try today,as a treat.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? every 2 day
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25% at every two day, 50% at once a week.3:2 tip water mix with spring water.
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? API-Stress Zyme,Nutraei Betta Plus,Flourish iron supplement for the planted Aquarium

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? Yes.
If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:0.25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7.4-7.6
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? big white mark(??) or a brighter part as compare to other part?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? I don't know,I had him about two weeks from now.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? One week ago.
Have you started treating your fish?No
Does your fish have any history of being ill?No
How old is your fish (approximately)?I don't know.I had him when he is full grow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Deep sea; 04-15-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Deep sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #2 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Your PH is a little bit high, so you might want to look into that, because bettas can be sensitive to such. The bubbles he's blowing is usually a good sign. Mean's he's making a bubble nest. :) And you haven't noticed him acting strangely, correct? My fish had a similar light mark. Almost seemed to be a birth defect, injury as a fry, etc. Don't hold me to it, but it seems fine in my eyes, but again, I'm no expert.
Take a look at the picture of Cass under my name to the left. You can see the light mark on her side, where the scales almost appeared smoother, less textured. Could be what your little guy has.
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #3 
HeroicPoison

Is it just a mark or a slight bump? From the pics it almost looks like a bump... Is it fuzzy or slimy?
Bubble nests are a sign of happiness :) so he's saying he's pretty happy.
I do suggest feeding him a higher quality food, it's a lot better for them. Good ones to get are new life spectrum or omega one pellets, pellets are better than flakes you have more control over how much you feed them and isn't as messy.
HeroicPoison is offline   Reply With Quote