Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #1 
JadeAngel

Apology and possible Betta care improvement at local Petco!

I got a letter in the mail today of additional apology for the way management went about my complaint about the condition of their Bettas in the local Petco.

To quote an excerpt from the letter....

"I spoke to General Manager ----- from this location today and I assure you all your feelings were expressed to him. ----- is committed to high standards in animal care as well as world class customer service and he has plans in place to coach for improvement from your experience"

I get a good feeling from this, as I had the opportunity to speak with the district manager about the situation, that some good may have come from my complaint and the ordeal that followed

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

OH! and on an odd note... I've gone to our local walmart (Pittston) 4 times in the last 2 weeks and each time their Bettas were healthy and in clean ups Miracles DO happen! (I wonder who complained enough to get a store like Walmart to change that? or maybe they finally got a kind hearted employee who won't stand to see the Bettas mistreated?)

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-16-2013 at 08:26 PM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

When I went to our Walmart last week in Coventry, RI their goldfish tank was actually super clean! I was surprised, the Betta's however were OK. Some looked a bit more ragged than others but I'm also fairly certain that no one buys those bettas so they've been on the shelf for a long time. I'm happy to hear this progress though and hopefully they do take it seriously!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote