Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #11 
Donetta

Thanks for letting me know. I'll dose the Vitachem in the water as well. I looked at your tanks... very nice. I thought of doing a soriety, but got scared and chickened out. I heard mixed messages as for their success. I see you have it heavily decorated, so must be ok for them.
Donetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

As long as you have lots of plants it works out well! Its when you give up on the sorority that it falls apart. Here's a pic of mine as well for reference:

I have a 33 gallon here with 7 girls at the moment, one in quarantine to soon make 8 :D hoping to find a Black CT with red finnage to finish off and make it 9.
They've all been in there since Wednesday and not one fight has broken out, there is still a possibility but I monitored my girls before they went in to make sure that they were sorority quality. Sometimes on the rare occasion you'll have to take a girl out if she's being too much of a bully and hurting the others, but that's a rare occasion.

Some of the girls today (had to take the massive water sprite out for a bit)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #13 
Donetta

Wow both of you are so brave! I appreciate your help. The pin holes have gone away on my Betta. His fins still have ridges hopefully those will improve as well.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar

I planned my sorority tank for 3 and a half months. If its planned out, researched, and set up right then it doesn't usually fall apart.

I also took extra precautions such as back up meds, VitaChem, live plants, and I got my girls from breeders instead of pet stores, but I did still have a back-up tank in case a girl didn't work out.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #15 
Donetta

Looks like all the work paid off :)