Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #1 
coreyh

I couldn't help it!

My last betta died a few months ago, I went to sleep and he was fine and the next morning he had passed. In his old tank I have school of guppies and I thought my betta obsession was over. But while at the petstore....I saw a yellow betta, now, I've only seen them in pictures, so I was pretty excited to see this guy, but alas, I went home empty handed.

That's when I realized that my betta bug is back, I couldn't sleep, knowing he was still there and I was going over tanks and expenses for a new one, etc.

I finally decided on a 4 gallon storage bin (on sale for $1) that has a huge surface area, as much as my 10 gallon, but much shallower for my little guy.

Thankfully, a week after I saw him, he was still there!

Here he is, I could only get him from above, he was darting around too fast for any other angles.

Yes, that yellow and orange thing is my DIY sponge filter. He'll get gravel, plants, etc after a week or so, the absence of decorations makes it easier for me to do water changes and things if needed for now.

Here is his tank, it has two gallons of water now, more will be added in time, he just has some pretty nasty ammonia burns and I want to make sure he can reach the surface easily while he heals. Lid was taken off for picture.

The little cup holds 6oz of water and is what my guy lived in for who knows how long. The circle container is a 1 gallon icecream container so you can see how big the 4 gallon container is.

And because I'm crazy, I did an ammonia test on the cup water, it ended up settling even darker, passing 8.0ppm. I called the store and asked how often they change the water....every two weeks.

Last edited by coreyh; 04-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.
coreyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #2 
alwaysaBettaLover

Those pet stores can be pathetic when it comes to fish care...glad you got your dream fish! Or maybe it's just a betta. The meaning of your bettafish to you, is whatever you decide.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote