Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #11 
stage53

Sorry for the double post, can't figure out how to edit the last one. One thing I did yesterday was add ph down trying to get my ph down before finding out that they can adjust and the chemicals are bad. Could that have been the cause? He was fine with the log for 6 days now, it's not fin rot, and it's not chunks missing so I don't think it's tail biting.
stage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nah, missing a feeding won't stress him out. I actually fast my Betta's for a day to get everything out of their system. And I don't think the chemicals caused it, sometimes tears just happen and we never figure out why. If you're super worried about the log then you can just take it out, should be fine :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #13 
NorthernLights

Lots of things can stress a fish. Tank change, feeding schedule change, other fish...all are possible. It's possible the tank is too big for him -- some bettas just cannot handle larger aquariums and prefer smaller environments, but that seems to be pretty rare.

Does he seem disturbed by / try to chase the other fish or does he just ignore them?
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote