Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #1 
Wholystang

First NPT and first Sorority

Ok, so thanks to all the great information on this site, I finally got an NPT set up. And since there was a great sale on Bettas at Petsmart a while back, I thought I should make it a sorority tank. Thanks for all the help! Hope you guys like it.

Wholystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

WOW looks great how many females do you have in there?
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #3 
Otterfun

nice
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #4 
valen1014

It looks awesome!! I've never had a sorority before but I think it'd be cool if you also added some taller plants (maybe Vals), it would add to the look and probably help disperse fights on that level of the tank. But I think it looks great and that anubia is doing very well =]
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #5 
Crowntails

Very nice! I would add some taller plants, like Valen said.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #6 
Wholystang

Thanks for all the support guys! There are currently 3 CT Females, 1 DT Female and a Mystery Snail (I wanted a Nerite but could not find locally). I have been looking for some Corkscrew Vals, but theyre hard to find. However, I just added the Anacharis and Moneywort about 4 days before that picture was taken. The Anacharis is growing really fast! It should definitely be providing good cover all the way to the top of the tank. Im almost worried that it will grow too fast :0\ I have a tank with 6 Corys in it that I plan on slowly switching to NPT as my plants get big enough to take trimmings from. The moneywort is growing slower, and I'm not enamored with the way it looks, but it will provide some taller cover too. The Anubias has been really fun to watch grow, its pretty cool how the new leaves form and the roots spread out over the log. I couldn't have done it without this site :)
Wholystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #7 
Fin Fancier

My Petsmart doesn't carry nerites, either. After stopping in at random probably 8 times I finally found one zebra nerite in stock at Petco. I could have saved a lot of time if I'd had them order one in, but I didn't have a ride to get out there to pick it up. Mystery snails are cute too, just thought I'd share that tidbit.
Anacharis is a great plant, and in my opinion it cannot grow too fast. If it gets too tall just pinch off a portion and re-plant or let it float for some top cover. It does well either way.
I love your tank, its essentially how I imagine my first sorority if and when I can find the time/money to set one up.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote