Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #21 
PeppermintHippo

You too ^^
PeppermintHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #22 
Laurenie

Thats so awesome you got that guy! I ended up checking out all the bettas phusit had listed after you posted about the other one, and your new guy stood out to me so much that I also thought about posting him on the Aquabid thread lol. Congrats and can't wait to see pics after he arrives!
Laurenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #23 
PeppermintHippo

Thank you. I'm super excited, I hope everything goes well with the shipping. Looks like I'll actually have to charge my camera XD
Old 04-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #24 
sareena79

My boys got here this morning :) they looked a little faded from 4 days in a dark box but other than that they seemed healthy. I let my boy's bag float in the tank all day while I was at work and now hes out and exploring like crazy. My last betta was nowhere near this active. he was aggressive when anyone came near his tank but other than that he just lazed around in his plants. this one has been swimming non-stop for about 20-30min. looks like he likes his new home. my buddy's fish is still in his bag but his color already looks good compared to this morning. Im about to take him over there and float him in his tank for a while too so he can be in his tank by tonight. the kids are gonna be stoked! they have been asking about him every day since we told them they were getting a fish. and it blew thier minds that the fish were coming in the mail lol...I hope mine gets a little brighter in the next few days. hes still really pretty dont get me wrong, but in his pic he was a nice bright yellow and right now hes more of an orange...little booger is obsessed with his filter too. he keep trying to swim INTO the outflow lol. its on the lowest setting and makes almost zero movement but hes trying his hardest to investigate where its coming from hehheh. I have a feeling Ima be pretty entertained by this little booger....GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS CANT WAIT TO SEE PIX! Ima post pix of Chum when hes had a chance to settle in more and maybe brigtern up a bit
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #25 
PeppermintHippo

Yay! I'm glad they came in and are alright! :D That exciting. I know what you mean about the filter though, our current betta, Rembrandt, loves playing in the filter outflow. He's in a 20 gallon tank with six false julii corys and if they go anywhere near his filter or his heater he chases them off because those are his . I'll be looking forward to the pictures though, he sounds like a very funny fish .
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #26 
sareena79

He wont sit still for a pic hehehe but heres a video (click on it to play)
Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #27 
PeppermintHippo

Oh he's pretty! I do like his colors, hes very vibrant. Looks like he's settling in well too :D Your making me more excited XD
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #28 
sareena79

heheehe yeah it was GREAT to finally get him in. no more worrying and now I have a little buddy by the computer again. I miss my Sushi (even tho he was LAZY!) but this one is really giving me something to watch!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #29 
PeppermintHippo

I noticed betta are good for that, Remy's tank is by my chair and he's always doing something to make me look over. He's cunning too, he's figuring out which of our friends he can wiggle at to give him food. He can smell a sucker... Something I'm gonna have to watch out for lest they bloat him with good intentions XD
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #30 
sareena79

lol yeah I always had to remind myself not to feed Sushi just b/c he was being cute. little begger, thats the only time he got off his leaf is when he thought I was about to feed him. this one wont sit still for a second (makes pix interesting!)....well I cant wait to see pix of u and your roomies new fish when they get here. im headed to bed, yall have a great night ttyl :)