Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #1 
valen1014

Virginia

*sigh* I wish so much I could live in Virginia. Particularly eastern VA. It's my dream! So for those of you who live in Virginia... you are soooo lucky. That's all I wanted to say XD
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 AM   #2 
djembekah

Eta: Oops accidental post!

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by djembekah; 04-15-2013 at 01:54 AM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #3 
thekinetic

Thanks it is pretty nice here, any particular reason you want to live here?
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #4 
valen1014

Oh it's just so beautiful up there, especially during the fall! My boyfriend of 6 years works there so I go to Virginia all the time, especially the past 3 years. Also, last summer I was at UVA in Charlottesville and I think it's the most amazing university I've visited. It's very calmed, student-centered and people there were so friendly. I loved waking up to the sight of a mountain on the horizon. Obviously my boyfriend living there has to do with it but regardless I'd like to settle down up there after my studies someday =] Just gotta get used to the driving there though from what I've seen it can get pretty aggressive O.o
Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

If you want a gorgeous fall come up to Connecticut or New Hampshire! I'm from Rhode Island but I can practically jump across the border to CT and it's so beautiful during the fall and actually very beautiful during Spring as well :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #6 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
If you want a gorgeous fall come up to Connecticut or New Hampshire! I'm from Rhode Island but I can practically jump across the border to CT and it's so beautiful during the fall and actually very beautiful during Spring as well :D
Aw man I almost went to Connecticut once! I'm into science geeky stuff and there was a conference over there that I could've attended but I missed the deadline to send my abstract But the next chance I get I'll definitely go check it out. I've lived all my life in Venezuela and now in South Florida so the whole idea of leaves turning red still amazes me hehe
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
I've lived all my life in Venezuela and now in South Florida so the whole idea of leaves turning red still amazes me hehe
I've lived in Rhode Island all my life and the leaves turning still amazes me! Haha in CT though I find there are more yellows and oranges, RI has a nice orange/red mix and then up towards NH is all three colors and very vibrant if you catch them at the right time of year!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #8 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
Aw man I almost went to Connecticut once! I'm into science geeky stuff and there was a conference over there that I could've attended but I missed the deadline to send my abstract But the next chance I get I'll definitely go check it out. I've lived all my life in Venezuela and now in South Florida so the whole idea of leaves turning red still amazes me hehe
Oh neat! I guess when you live here your whole life you take that sort of thing for granted. You should come up here this summer and see the 7 year locusts (they're actually cicada), their singing is sort of both earie and beautiful. But they are EVERYWHERE!
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Oh neat! I guess when you live here your whole life you take that sort of thing for granted. You should come up here this summer and see the 7 year locusts (they're actually cicada), their singing is sort of both earie and beautiful. But they are EVERYWHERE!
I love the cicada! Also the peep toads at night (well we have a small pond in our backyard so we hear them all the time. I'm sure they aren't /just/ in New England lol)
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #10 
JadeAngel

I live in the mountains here in Pennsylvania, grew up about 40 miles from where I live now. Falls are really awesome in the new england states :D I really missed the color changing when I lived in latin america. My tropical husband, funny enough, says he prefers our winters and loooves the snow and enjoys the cold. Weird guy, hahaha. I absolutely love the spring, as I barricade myself in the house during the rest of the year, hehehe
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote