Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #11 
iamntbatman

Some people say the test strips are useless, but I believe they're still better than nothing at all. However, last time I was in that section of a Petsmart, the API ammonia test strips ran $15 for a box of 25 strips.

For the same $15, you can buy API's Liquid Freshwater Master test kit at an online aquarium supply site. The kit will test your pH, high level pH (if you ever get into keeping African cichlids this is very useful), ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. The liquid tests are much more accurate than the strips, not to mention you get many more tests out of a liquid kit than those strips.

I suggest using the online supply company because that test kit can go for double that price in stores.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #12 
cajunmomof4

I got my API master test kit from e-bay it still had the plastic on it and the $28 price tag. I piad around 12+shipping. I still use strip on occasion if I suspect something is up with my water. I find they are a good indicator os weather i need to pull out the liquid kit.I do find they read a little on the high side for most things.
Keep up the goos work with Sam. We all get so attached to our little wet pets so quickly, I am so glad he is feeling better.
cajunmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #13 
amyw16

He's gone Crazy

Sam is doing great. He's swimming around like crazy. It took 50% water changes for 4 days to get the ammonia level down to zero. He hasn't stopped swimming since. He goes back and forth, up and down and even in circles. Plus there's even bubbles on top of the water. He's so much fun to watch. I hate that he had to get sick b/c I didn't know what I was doing was wrong. I'm just glad that I was able to help him in time. Thanks again for all the help. You all saved his life!!!
amyw16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #14 
okiemavis

Glad to hear! He sounds very happy, and you have a good environment set up for him. The bubbles on top are a bubble nest. The fact that he's building one says that he's happy and comfortable in his new home! Congrats!
okiemavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #15 
cajunmomof4

good job!
cajunmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote